There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

FedEx Office is a horrible place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator  in  Portland, ME
Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Portland, ME

I worked at FedEx Office full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

it's a job with benefits

Cons

I think FedEx is a horrible company to work for. They only care about their profit margins and thats the bottom line. They consistently keep their stores under staffed so they don't have to pay as much. If you work in the evenings better be prepared to stay late. You can plan on being stuck there till everything is done for the morning. You also should be prepared to say Yes We Can to anything a customer might want even if you know it is not humanly possible and you don't have the equipment to do it. They also try to put so much pressure on you that you will be incredibly scared to use little if any sick time. This leads to often going to work sick and spreading sickness to customers.
 They also are on a kick of hiring less educated people so they can start them off at lower wages. I think this is very exploitive and cruel. Anyway, I hope this helps some people out there. If anyone had a good experience working with FedEx than good for you! Maybe the company is different in other places.

Treat your employees like human beings instead of corporate robots.

649 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office (View Most Recent)

7 years of committed service for what?

Current Employee - Center Manager, Tier II  in  North Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Center Manager, Tier II in North Chicago, IL

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Benefits
    401K Matching - up to 5%
    Lots of sick & vacation time with tenure

Cons

Constant change from corporate office, just when you finish the first round of needless tasks they change it again and you're forced to re-do your work.

Constant pressure & threats from upper management.

Managers are expected to run stores 7 days per week open as late as 11pm with only themselves plus 3 team members (or less!). Imagine long lines and angry customers with you, the only team member on staff, responsible for *FedEx Shipping *Print Consultation *Helping customers in the self service area *Stocking and ordering retail items (yes we have to punch in a SKU for every item we need to order in our ordering system - all manual labor **This includes inventory, I hope you know how to tally and use a calculator to count 25K + worth of inventory) and much much more.

You work alone for most of your career if you're in a Tier 3 center, which means opening and closing the store alone.

Payroll is getting cut more and more as the company tries to become profitable. They're undercutting themselves from the bottom up. The less payroll in the centers, the less customers we can get through our doors, they can't continue to expect people to run themselves ragged to only be beat up by upper management because one of the 50 metrics we follow are behind.

There is no such thing as training anymore, we get no extra payroll to ensure a Team Member is trained effectively before dumping them onto the sales floor to give poor customer service. It takes up to a year to get someone trained on all of the equipment and procedures but by then they're ready to quit.

No one can have time off because every single store is short staffed. There is no help to be given so managers are forced to work off the clock or work overtime that will affect their stores controllable profit. Salaried managers are working more than 60 hours per week in most cases.

I have received very little recognition from upper management. The store I have recently taken over was failing previous to my arrival. Since I have been there it's been a complete 360. We're now in our 7th month in a row above our sales plan yet I've heard nothing.

On a number of occasions I have heard our HR Generalist say "If you don't like working here, then don't let the door hit you on the way out" they aren't here to help anyone but the legal team!

Stop strangling yourselves by taking away Payroll from OPS.
    Re-visit the open door policy with DM's
    PSP is supposed to mean People Service Profit.... You are not treating your people very well and that's the first part!

A good job to have while in college.

Former Employee - Production Coordinator  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Production Coordinator in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at FedEx Office full-time for more than a year

Pros

FedEx offers tuition reimbursement up to a certain amount, and also is flexible about scheduling and willing to work with you regarding school schedules and things of the sort.

Cons

Unless you want to go into management, there really aren't very many advancement opportunities. All promotions are relatively small, equating to a dollar per hour raise.

It would be beneficial to the company to provide greater incentive for selling the "product of the month". 5 dollars for selling 5 reams of paper isn't exactly the best motivator.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

Worked for FedEx Office? Contribute to the Community!