FedEx Office

www.fedexoffice.com
  www.fedexoffice.com
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

FedEx Office is a horrible place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Portland, ME
Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Portland, ME

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

it's a job with benefits

Cons

I think FedEx is a horrible company to work for. They only care about their profit margins and thats the bottom line. They consistently keep their stores under staffed so they don't have to pay as much. If you work in the evenings better be prepared to stay late. You can plan on being stuck there till everything is done for the morning. You also should be prepared to say Yes We Can to anything a customer might want even if you know it is not humanly possible and you don't have the equipment to do it. They also try to put so much pressure on you that you will be incredibly scared to use little if any sick time. This leads to often going to work sick and spreading sickness to customers.
 They also are on a kick of hiring less educated people so they can start them off at lower wages. I think this is very exploitive and cruel. Anyway, I hope this helps some people out there. If anyone had a good experience working with FedEx than good for you! Maybe the company is different in other places.

Treat your employees like human beings instead of corporate robots.

715 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office (View Most Recent)

it's a job during a rough economy

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Close to home and it's a job

Cons

Not allowed to work from home, hourly mentality, stifles any learning or career advancement opportunities, everything is always an emergency

Trust your exempt employees. They don't need micromanagement or you hovering over them to make sure they were at their desk at 8am and not 8:01am because they were at home working on an issue.

Retail with printing services...

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Health insurance
    Having the ability of learning how to produce digital projects using Adobe software.
    The accomplished feeling when you genuinely help a customer in need.

Cons

Staffing, this company can't keep talent employed because we can't pay them enough for what is expected of them to do. Being stretched to thin while still having the expectation of management to provide the "best" customer service. Learning curve for new hires is far to great.

Get rid of "product of the month". Forcing employees to "sell sell sell" makes for some awkward interactions with customers. We can never match the prowess of Staples or Office Max's retail sections. We need to get back to our core business which is printing. Also stop wasting money by enforcing us to do a "clean and bright" but months done the road completely change it by the "clean sweep". We've wasted payroll dollars by having us change the labels and the cost of label holders needed to do said changes. Most people still don't realize that we were once Kinkos and that we have all the same services plus more. People just don't understand what FedEx Office is, they think it is literally a FedEx office call center for all things FedEx.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office