great place to work

Current Employee - Center Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Center Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is okay for the amount of work. great benefits.

Cons

Hours are cut sometimes due to sales.

Advice to Management

Pay us a little more

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Nasty Customers, No Bonuses, The Customer is ALWAYS right, regardless of situation.

Current Employee - Center Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Center Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They give you a uniform, discount on printing [only], Interaction with people from most walks of life. Shipping discount.

Cons

Almost no room for advancement, salary does not reflect work functions. No discount on retail. No bonuses, bad employee incentive sales. It's a job, not a career.

Advice to Management

Employees come first, treat them well and pay them better. Don't judge bonuses by district, stores work harder, when they can earn more. Employees come First, always!

Too bad I can't give it one star.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked with some really great people and immediate supervisors. Other then that- nothing.

Cons

-I'll start by saying- this company is running itself to the ground. -No one cares about the frontline employees, you know, the ones that are paid measly salaries with an unrealistic list of responsibilities. -Every month there are numerous amounts of changes to internal manuals/binders, price increases (that's all they ever do), revenue behaviors, product of the month (which in reality is overpriced junk). -Half the time, no one knows what's going on because nothing is properly communicated to the measly Team Members. -The district managers care all about the customers, even when the customer is being "abusive" towards the Team Member. In this company, the customer is ALWAYS right. -Metrics, metrics, metrics. Every email from corporate is about how badly you are doing on this metric, and how you will be held accountable for not making your metrics. -You are yelled at by the 1-800-number customer service if a customer calls them and complains about something you didn't even do. -Everything is timed and tracked. When something goes wrong, they can look at one of the 12 cameras they all have on you to hold you accountable. -There is no trust in the Team Members. -I constantly feel like I'm ripping people off when I ring them out. Especially for the Pack and Ship services that they want us to shove down the customer's throats. If a box of shoes rattles, we have to charge a outlandish fee to put brown paper in it, or refuse the package if the customer declines the filler paper. -Ridiculous sales goals, if they're not met, managers are written up, then the Team Members hours are drastically cut. -We are not Staples, Office Depot, or Office Max. Stop pushing useless junk and get back to the basics of printing and shipping. -Business centers are opened on Saturday and Sunday, that makes no sense. They waste so much payroll by keeping the center opened with no business. -The company's technology is extremely outdated. We are still using Windows XP and Adobe CS3, that leads to some angry customers who are more up-to-date then we are. -When the centers get busy, it's complete chaos, customers don't know what line to get into, if a customer want's 12 sets of a presentation, bound, you are expected to get it done while they wait. If you tell them to come back and they complain, you are held accountable for failing to provide the cultish-Purple Promise. -They got rid of the cleaning service, so we're expected to clean the disgusting restrooms ourselves, on top of changing price tags, planograms, updating signage, producing complex orders while the customer waits, emptying the trash, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the center. Do the corporate office employees have to clean restrooms, uh, no. -Our health insurance has gone up, but the coverage has decreased. I could go on, most employees are miserable because they are slaves to this company and abusive customers.

Advice to Management

Stop being followers and saying "it's a common practice with all businesses to have employees clean restrooms", stop making excuses for your ridiculous policies that change every week. Get more involved with the employees, and when I say involved, don't visit centers just to point out the bad things and completely ignore the good. Stop caring about profit and nothing else. Why can't you be your own individual company and do what's right for your Team Members?