There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

Is the team worth it

Former Employee - Auditor - Internal Controls
Former Employee - Auditor - Internal Controls

I worked at FedEx Office full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

on the whole a customer satisfaction environment

Cons

trying to cut costs at the expense of team and customers which is crushing the pros

Embrace your existing team members, they have the experience and the knowledge and should be compensated for it.

643 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office (View Most Recent)

Not a chance - Don't ruin your career.

I worked at FedEx Office full-time

Pros

FedEx is a large company with some standards and a decent reputation.

Cons

FedEx Office is not FedEx. Let there be no illusions that this company is going in only one direction - down. Print is dead or at a minimum a long and slow death. They only hire existing account management teams that do not have to grow the business. Even if you grow a new account you are not compensated on it for a period of 1 year. So no bonus, and NO COMMISSIONS. They pay a very low wage depending on the person, if you can fool them into a larger salary you will be bigger target. Visiting current accounts hoping they will increase their print over the prior year is like hoping that we can turn the clock back each New Year. I suppose we could hope for the return of the cassette tape, 8-track, or maybe even records. You cannot grow the business on paper and innovation of paper. The managers are absolutely awful as they cannot face the music as the company has not turned a profit since being purchased in 2004. Run, run fast.

Get with the program! You need a serious overhaul of your company. Two weeks of training for a new job - really? A made up sales process and unqualified training teams. I cannot believe as much as Fred Smith has put into his reputation, professional growth, and the series of companies that he knows about the travesties and the acts of injustice that he would not allow it to continue. I would advise him to sell ASAP and let them close. It is inevitable. Work/Life balance is total joke they give you a blackberry but it is not a gift it is expected then that you answer the emails no matter what time day or night.

Not a Career Choice

Former Employee - Lead Consultant
    Former Employee - Lead Consultant

I worked at FedEx Office full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The pay is alright, but not outstanding. Over the past few years I have seen new employees hired for less and less.
    - Schedule flexibility. Just ask for what you want to work, and you got it. Who cares if it screws over your co-workers.
    - Health benefits, even though last year they took away the middle tier, so the cost of mine doubled, even though I'm just a single adult.

Cons

Everything above, which COULD have been a benefit if FedEx has any idea on how to run their Office division. Since I started, I have seen the elimination of the 90 day pay raise, then monthly sales bonuses, and the cost of insurance skyrocketed. Now every day we get threatened to be fired if we don't sell enough "Products of the Month".

Managers spend all day in the back offices, leaving the store even more understaffed than it already was. Meanwhile, the lower paid employees have to deal with all of the rude and entitlement centered customers at the counter and on the floor. Often I am left to work a Tier 1 center all by myself simply because the store has so much turnover that we have never been fully staffed by a long shot.

I have seen 4 people be fired in less than a year, for questionable reasons. All of us are watching our backs to see who is next, there's no sense of job security. I took a job offer somewhere else for lower pay just to get away from this place.

Work on the floor and help your employees. Understand what we have to put up with every day, and offer to work outside the standard 9 to 5, Monday through Friday. No managers on the weekends or evenings is ridiculous. Be more appreciative when your employees take in $1k+ orders, not just when they sell a stupid flash drive and thus obtained a POM sale. FedEx Office used to be a specialty printing and shipping store, but now it's just like every other retail shop that eventually just goes out of business because the service and products are so terrible.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

Worked for FedEx Office? Contribute to the Community!