Great Environment

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Collaborative corporate environment, opportunities to learn new things. Very people focused. The leadership is accessible and has great ideas about where we are going. The culture is friendly, and focused on work life balance. I make an impact at work, but I can also go home at a reasonable time and be with my family.

Cons

Would be nice to have more growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

Continue with the fun atmosphere that has been created and keep the information flowing.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not a Career Choice

Former Employee - Lead Consultant
    Former Employee - Lead Consultant

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The pay is alright, but not outstanding. Over the past few years I have seen new employees hired for less and less. - Schedule flexibility. Just ask for what you want to work, and you got it. Who cares if it screws over your co-workers. - Health benefits, even though last year they took away the middle tier, so the cost of mine doubled, even though I'm just a single adult.

Cons

Everything above, which COULD have been a benefit if FedEx has any idea on how to run their Office division. Since I started, I have seen the elimination of the 90 day pay raise, then monthly sales bonuses, and the cost of insurance skyrocketed. Now every day we get threatened to be fired if we don't sell enough "Products of the Month". Managers spend all day in the back offices, leaving the store even more understaffed than it already was. Meanwhile, the lower paid employees have to deal with all of the rude and entitlement centered customers at the counter and on the floor. Often I am left to work a Tier 1 center all by myself simply because the store has so much turnover that we have never been fully staffed by a long shot. I have seen 4 people be fired in less than a year, for questionable reasons. All of us are watching our backs to see who is next, there's no sense of job security. I took a job offer somewhere else for lower pay just to get away from this place.

Advice to Management

Work on the floor and help your employees. Understand what we have to put up with every day, and offer to work outside the standard 9 to 5, Monday through Friday. No managers on the weekends or evenings is ridiculous. Be more appreciative when your employees take in $1k+ orders, not just when they sell a stupid flash drive and thus obtained a POM sale. FedEx Office used to be a specialty printing and shipping store, but now it's just like every other retail shop that eventually just goes out of business because the service and products are so terrible.

Is the team worth it

Former Employee - Auditor - Internal Controls
    Former Employee - Auditor - Internal Controls

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

on the whole a customer satisfaction environment

Cons

trying to cut costs at the expense of team and customers which is crushing the pros

Advice to Management

Embrace your existing team members, they have the experience and the knowledge and should be compensated for it.