FedEx Office

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

Great Environment

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Collaborative corporate environment, opportunities to learn new things. Very people focused. The leadership is accessible and has great ideas about where we are going. The culture is friendly, and focused on work life balance. I make an impact at work, but I can also go home at a reasonable time and be with my family.

Cons

Would be nice to have more growth opportunities.

Continue with the fun atmosphere that has been created and keep the information flowing.

744 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office (View Most Recent)

Getting Screamed At By Strangers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-401k and 5% match
    -ease of transferring locations
    -pay better than other service industries

Cons

Company consistently comes up with terrible ideas, using intimidation and and negative reinforcement instead of rethinking them.
    Example: Product of the Month evolution -

Introduces idea (make $1 for every flashdrive sold) -> Idea performs badly (low POM sales because customers don't jive with nagging) -> Company creates contests with POM sales -> Idea still bad -> Company takes away only other incentive to care about company profits(sales bonus) "Now you HAVE to! TAKE THAT!" -> Idea still failure -> Upper management cracks down on lower management to employees as it's obviously the individual's fault -> Intimidation,negative reinforcement and firings instead of pulling terrible idea

(People aren't buying silly products because the wages of said people who purchase silly products does not match current inflation rates. This company (among others) kills it's source demographic and punishes said demographic with less money to buy silly products then punishes them for not selling enough silly products with threats of termination. Repeat.) CRAP FLOATS UP

Also...

-Literally no reason to care about company as any incentive to sell more, do a better job, enjoy your position has been taken away. (No bonuses outside base pay that rarely increases)
    -Increasingly poor health insurance (deductible not payable on wage offered)
    -An environment of fear, paranoia and intimidation from management - who I'm sure experience fear, paranoia and intimidation from upper management then corporate.
    -Machines that constantly break down (several machines down on weekly basis) resulting in irate customers who think you're just incompetent. Phenomena seen after company switches to cheaper Canon machines.
    -Irate customers (from previous statement) blame employees for companies shortcomings.
    -Be prepared to never move up. (Tried four times and was rejected for seemingly made-up reasons that proved to be outdated or inaccurate.)
    -Raises are 1-3% of current pay a year unless manager likes you.
    -Company overall very condescending to so-called "low-skill" employees.
    -Nixed title system completely unless you're a supervisor. (No distinction in pay between roles)
    -No training. You teach yourself everything.
    -Management continues to pass down management responsibilities to lower employees without increased incentive.
    -FedEx continuously showcases profits to employees despite cuts all over. (Bullying?)

The result of above has made my morale EXTREMELY LOW and near constantly depressed in the workplace. (FedEx responds with fake small talk, outlandish smile and kick to groin.)

Give employees a reason to care about the company. Provide incentives to sell more, do more. REAL incentives such as sales bonuses or rewards for enriching company. Employees with good morale means they'll care more about the well-being of their employer. It's a monsterous no-brainer.

Not a Career Choice

Former Employee - Lead Consultant
    Former Employee - Lead Consultant

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- The pay is alright, but not outstanding. Over the past few years I have seen new employees hired for less and less.
    - Schedule flexibility. Just ask for what you want to work, and you got it. Who cares if it screws over your co-workers.
    - Health benefits, even though last year they took away the middle tier, so the cost of mine doubled, even though I'm just a single adult.

Cons

Everything above, which COULD have been a benefit if FedEx has any idea on how to run their Office division. Since I started, I have seen the elimination of the 90 day pay raise, then monthly sales bonuses, and the cost of insurance skyrocketed. Now every day we get threatened to be fired if we don't sell enough "Products of the Month".

Managers spend all day in the back offices, leaving the store even more understaffed than it already was. Meanwhile, the lower paid employees have to deal with all of the rude and entitlement centered customers at the counter and on the floor. Often I am left to work a Tier 1 center all by myself simply because the store has so much turnover that we have never been fully staffed by a long shot.

I have seen 4 people be fired in less than a year, for questionable reasons. All of us are watching our backs to see who is next, there's no sense of job security. I took a job offer somewhere else for lower pay just to get away from this place.

Work on the floor and help your employees. Understand what we have to put up with every day, and offer to work outside the standard 9 to 5, Monday through Friday. No managers on the weekends or evenings is ridiculous. Be more appreciative when your employees take in $1k+ orders, not just when they sell a stupid flash drive and thus obtained a POM sale. FedEx Office used to be a specialty printing and shipping store, but now it's just like every other retail shop that eventually just goes out of business because the service and products are so terrible.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office