FedEx Office

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

Great Environment

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Collaborative corporate environment, opportunities to learn new things. Very people focused. The leadership is accessible and has great ideas about where we are going. The culture is friendly, and focused on work life balance. I make an impact at work, but I can also go home at a reasonable time and be with my family.

Cons

Would be nice to have more growth opportunities.

Continue with the fun atmosphere that has been created and keep the information flowing.

705 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office (View Most Recent)

Hostile Work Environment

Current Employee - Consultant in Chino, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chino, CA

I have been working at FedEx Office part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with my co-workers and helping customers

Cons

Many locations are understaffed which results in angry customers, slower order turn around times, and angry management because of it.

The employees are treated poorly and there is constant fear of being written up or fired. If management is unhappy with you one week, they will write you up for anything. For example, not selling enough product of the month which can be expensive items and involves following customers around in the store or persistently asking them if they'd like to buy it. The work place has become much like a used car dealership and by doing so is losing trust in customers.

There is fear of making any mistakes on one of the many tedious steps of processing an order. Doing the actual order for the customer is easy and it's fulfilling to be able to help the customer. The difficult part is all the steps and changing aspects that they want employees to do before and after the order is done. Even down to the way the stickers are placed on boxes and bags- if they are the slightest bit tilted then you're in trouble.

The work place is often busy and hectic which is made more stressful by customers upset about having to wait to be helped and management angry about any number of things. My fire to work for the company was snuffed by the way it treats it's store workers and how it sees customers as dollar symbols.

Forceful and threatening tactics will only scare off employees and customers. Many centers are understaffed because management wants to make profit but by being understaffed it severely hurts the company- employees are burnt out, start making mistakes, and then suffer the brunt of it by both management and customers. Customers don't want to come back and employees lose their aspirations of working for a company like FedEx. It seems that as an employee for FedEx Office, you can do no right and the front line workers for the company have been tossed to the wolves.

Decent "job", not a career

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Solid long term company, pure corporate infrastructure

Cons

Pay was slightly above average, raises were slim and workload expectation was depressing. Have you ever gone into a Fedex Office and got immediate service?

Pay for performance