Roller Coaster Ride

Current Employee - Consultant in Riverside, CA
Current Employee - Consultant in Riverside, CA

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great start out pay, and outstanding co workers. Work environment is very positive, and the benefits are outsanding as well. With minimal experience you can have a pretty descent salary.

Cons

Even when things are going great for your store specifically, change is inevitable. When full time, in my experience, they chose not to alter my schedule for school, therefore I could not attend. Consistency in hours is next to impossible as constant budgeting and time management affect schedules.

Advice to Management

Make things fair for all employess. Especially if they are all experienced in the company. I beleieve senority belongs to those who have been at that center longer, rather than who has been with the company longer.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office

An ever evolving company with limited room for growth.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, decent work life balance.

Cons

Consistently stressful customer interactions due to things beyond your control. The overseeing hand of FedEx as limited interest in the growth or development of the retail employees. Long term Kinko's employees are given a lower salary than comparable roles under FedEx.

Not a chance - Don't ruin your career.

I worked at FedEx Office full-time

Pros

FedEx is a large company with some standards and a decent reputation.

Cons

FedEx Office is not FedEx. Let there be no illusions that this company is going in only one direction - down. Print is dead or at a minimum a long and slow death. They only hire existing account management teams that do not have to grow the business. Even if you grow a new account you are not compensated on it for a period of 1 year. So no bonus, and NO COMMISSIONS. They pay a very low wage depending on the person, if you can fool them into a larger salary you will be bigger target. Visiting current accounts hoping they will increase their print over the prior year is like hoping that we can turn the clock back each New Year. I suppose we could hope for the return of the cassette tape, 8-track, or maybe even records. You cannot grow the business on paper and innovation of paper. The managers are absolutely awful as they cannot face the music as the company has not turned a profit since being purchased in 2004. Run, run fast.

Advice to Management

Get with the program! You need a serious overhaul of your company. Two weeks of training for a new job - really? A made up sales process and unqualified training teams. I cannot believe as much as Fred Smith has put into his reputation, professional growth, and the series of companies that he knows about the travesties and the acts of injustice that he would not allow it to continue. I would advise him to sell ASAP and let them close. It is inevitable. Work/Life balance is total joke they give you a blackberry but it is not a gift it is expected then that you answer the emails no matter what time day or night.