There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

An ever evolving company with limited room for growth.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, decent work life balance.

Cons

Consistently stressful customer interactions due to things beyond your control. The overseeing hand of FedEx as limited interest in the growth or development of the retail employees. Long term Kinko's employees are given a lower salary than comparable roles under FedEx.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office

Not a chance - Don't ruin your career.

I worked at FedEx Office full-time

Pros

FedEx is a large company with some standards and a decent reputation.

Cons

FedEx Office is not FedEx. Let there be no illusions that this company is going in only one direction - down. Print is dead or at a minimum a long and slow death. They only hire existing account management teams that do not have to grow the business. Even if you grow a new account you are not compensated on it for a period of 1 year. So no bonus, and NO COMMISSIONS. They pay a very low wage depending on the person, if you can fool them into a larger salary you will be bigger target. Visiting current accounts hoping they will increase their print over the prior year is like hoping that we can turn the clock back each New Year. I suppose we could hope for the return of the cassette tape, 8-track, or maybe even records. You cannot grow the business on paper and innovation of paper. The managers are absolutely awful as they cannot face the music as the company has not turned a profit since being purchased in 2004. Run, run fast.

Advice to Management

Get with the program! You need a serious overhaul of your company. Two weeks of training for a new job - really? A made up sales process and unqualified training teams. I cannot believe as much as Fred Smith has put into his reputation, professional growth, and the series of companies that he knows about the travesties and the acts of injustice that he would not allow it to continue. I would advise him to sell ASAP and let them close. It is inevitable. Work/Life balance is total joke they give you a blackberry but it is not a gift it is expected then that you answer the emails no matter what time day or night.

Experience with Fedex Office

Former Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Garden City, NY

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very flexible with hours. Tuition reinbursement.

Cons

No flight discounts. Not unionized and NO advocacy for employees. Poor raises. Bad performance appraisal system.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees better. Without them there is NO Fedex Office.