FedEx Office

www.fedexoffice.com
  www.fedexoffice.com
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

It's OK - you can move up but be prepared to work your butt off!

Current Employee - Center Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Center Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of advancement opportunity. I went from a Team Member to Senior Center Manager in under 5 years and I have to say that plenty of people in the company have taken an interest in me and developed me and I've built a great career out of it.

Cons

Being a manager at FedEx Office (especially an SCM) is a tough gig. No matter what you do your going to get beat up by your boss and your team members - this is to be expected in any manager position but at FedEx Office you are CONSTANTLY asked to do more with less. Printing is declining every year and our revenue declines as a company every year. Thus payroll and cost budgets are going to decline every year. It gets old managing a business that is in a constant state of decline. Plus even with the GREAT managers - nobody ever takes the time to tell you that your doing a good job it's just expected and that's your job - end of discussion.

Give your managers the resources they need to grow their business. Make DM's be a support structure for CM's and make Support Partners actually partner with and help CM's. As a CM you truly start to feel that nobody is your ally - HR is their for the TM's and the DM is their to "catch" the CM doing something wrong or ask the CM to do better. Nobody has the Center Managers back.

705 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office (View Most Recent)

Worst job ever!!!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pays a little more than McDonalds. Has air conditioning.

Cons

This company is so out of touch with reality it's scary! We are constantly tagging and retagging things despite the fact that we are understaffed. What this company expects us to be able to get done with the number of people we have is totally out of whack. They keep cutting payroll. We have the worst manager ever, even though our sales have been down ever since he started. Even worse, we took a company survey and his scores were horrible, yet the company hasn't done ANYTHING about it. They switched from Xerox to Canon to save money and it has been terrible. We have crappy software that we are supposed to use for every job, but it is a waste of time when they just need a couple pages printed. I could go on and on and on. Basically, this is the worst place ever! If the job market wasn't so miserable I would be out of there in a heartbeat.

You should fire yourselves because you have no idea what you're doing!

FedEx Office will struggle to drive incremental revenue.

Current Employee - Corporate Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have run across some great employees at FedEx Office.

Cons

FedEx Office lack a real strategy to drive incremental business.

Listen to your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office