There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

It's OK - you can move up but be prepared to work your butt off!

Current Employee - Center Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Center Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of advancement opportunity. I went from a Team Member to Senior Center Manager in under 5 years and I have to say that plenty of people in the company have taken an interest in me and developed me and I've built a great career out of it.

Cons

Being a manager at FedEx Office (especially an SCM) is a tough gig. No matter what you do your going to get beat up by your boss and your team members - this is to be expected in any manager position but at FedEx Office you are CONSTANTLY asked to do more with less. Printing is declining every year and our revenue declines as a company every year. Thus payroll and cost budgets are going to decline every year. It gets old managing a business that is in a constant state of decline. Plus even with the GREAT managers - nobody ever takes the time to tell you that your doing a good job it's just expected and that's your job - end of discussion.

Advice to Management

Give your managers the resources they need to grow their business. Make DM's be a support structure for CM's and make Support Partners actually partner with and help CM's. As a CM you truly start to feel that nobody is your ally - HR is their for the TM's and the DM is their to "catch" the CM doing something wrong or ask the CM to do better. Nobody has the Center Managers back.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The People part of People, Service, Profit (PSP) is dead!

Current Employee - Center Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Center Assistant Manager

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Outstanding undervalued team members make the company. The everyday team, Assistant Managers, Center Managers, and District Managers make the company, but receive very little reward for going above and beyond every day. The feeling of "being in the trench together" and the meager pay are the only reasons for going to work every day.

Cons

The company does not trust its people. Managing Directors and higher excessively micromanage those at the Center level and do not allow them to think. Constant pressure for cutting payroll, using certain production systems to print, and more work loads from the Managing Director and up make it near impossible to provide the customer service required to make profit. Pressure to use a production system for printing causes longer waits for customers and make them wonder "Why do you need my name? I only need one copy." It's ridiculous! Strangling payroll spreads stores so thin that team members feel they cannot call out when sick even if it puts everyone else at risk.

Advice to Management

Listen to the Center teams and managers...they deal with customers every day. Stop pretending and listen!!! Stop placing so many metrics on managers and let them do their job of managing the team. Add payroll to centers so managers aren't tied to fill in as missing team members of a reduced budget. Managers can't effectively manage when acting as a Consultant! Increase compensation. No other FedEx OpCo is required to know and do as much as FXO, but the pay is less than any of the others.

2. An Education for computer geeks

Former Employee - Computer Services in Westwood, CA
    Former Employee - Computer Services in Westwood, CA

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros consist of all the computer experience and customer service gained while being employed here.

Cons

The cons consist of all the customer service experience gained while being employed here. You can get yelled at when coming in for a morning shift for something that was screwed up in the AM shift. You have to know a lot of different software in order to help the customers in self service.

Advice to Management

Don't pay the men more than you pay the ladies,the ladies work just a hard.