There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

It is what you put into and what other put into it.

Former Employee - Center Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Center Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ample room to grow and move around with the company, both internal and geographically.

Cons

If you have a bad management team the job can be very stressful. The copy industry is going to start plummeting in the next 10 years. Have to deal with alot of in company politics if you want to move up within the company.

Advice to Management

The company needs to actually start listening to the employees and not just say they are.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Demanding workload/unreasonable expectations

Current Employee - Senior Center Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Center Manager

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fortune 100 company with decent benefits. Used to be a great company to work for but if you have a family you won't see them working here

Cons

Little support. Demanding workload. Unreasonable expectations timeframes. All about metrics and not people. No room for growth after reaching senior manger status unless you want to relocate to Dallas and work at corporate

Advice to Management

Let your managers mange their teams and take care of the customers with a realistic payroll budget to support workload and foot traffic. Lay clear expectations that district managers are to be visible in their centers and work with their managers to develop them. People cannot be managed just by a quick 10-15 min call every other week.

Center Consultant

Former Employee - Center Consultant
    Former Employee - Center Consultant

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun to work in print shop environment and work with customers...if that's something you enjoy, of course.

Cons

Poorly managed, little to no opportunity for advancement or growth unless someone quits or gets fired. I spent more time dusting the same retail items that never sold day after day, than I did getting to consult with customers and work in production. Management refused to completely train and allow several of my coworkers and I in consulting and production. They scheduled only 1-3 knowledgeable staff members on hand to do so despite our store being the main production center in a large city....aka long lines of frustrated customers while I dusted because every time I tried to step up I'd end up getting in trouble.

Advice to Management

The ugly stepchild of all the FedEx OpCo's. They have yet to figure out how to run FXO efficiently and make it profitable. Treat employees with respect and properly train them and that might decrease the turnover rate, at least a little.