FedEx Office

www.fedexoffice.com

Not enough pay for the stress.

Team Member (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsCoworkers including management become like family. Very positive and nice people to work with throughout the company, not only in my center. Decent Benefits including lots of sick and vacation time. Good core companies values. They value your ability to be personable and empathetic to customers. It's difficult to get fired. You can slack off and no-one will care.

ConsWhere do I start? Most importantly, the entire company is basically lazy. They focus on "big picture" corporate standards, numbers, goals, etc. But then sweep everything else under the rug! All the smaller problems (which are what larger problems are made of) that team members deal with throughout their day to day is completely ignored. And when you mention the problems to management, even higher up mgmt, even HR, nothing is done about anything! Everyone wants to "pass the buck" and no-one is held accountable for anything they do wrong. This is great if you just want to slack off and you don't really care about your job. THIS JOB IS PERFECT FOR SLACKERS! But if you're the kind of person who wants to do a good job at work, to figure out ways to make things better, or if it's important to you to do things in a LOGICAL MANNER, then you will hate this company. I have complained about the way things are done so many times and nothing was ever done about it, that I am now basically worn down. The laziness/ lack of accountability finally rubbed off on me. And now when the millions of things that are done wrong happen throughout the day, all I can do is sigh, roll my eyes, and get on with my day. I started out with tons of motivation, ready to be great at my job. But now I hate it! And I haven't even mentioned yet how the customers are the worst customers in ANY industry! And I used to be in food service, not even hungry people are this bad! Basically people who know nothing about technology in general come in and want you to hold their hand through EVERYTHING. Whether it be sending a fax, sending an email from their own email account, designing their flyers from scratch (which we are not even supposed to do cuz that's graphic design and they get paid WAY more than we do), or mailing a package, EVERY customer wants their own personal team member to stand by and do everything for them. And they get angry when you suggest that they use the self service area to do it themselves. I'm sorry but there's no way we can hold each customer's hand for an hour while answering emails and phones, running Jobs, editing ppl's files, cutting stapling and binding booklets, and everything else in between simultaneously with only 3 people behind the counter and a line of people waiting! It's a super-human job that is impossible! Oh and did I mention we get paid the same as any simple retail store. It's just not worth the pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress smaller problems, not only numbers and goals. Hold people accountable for their actions so the problems can be fixed. Reward team members who are are doing their jobs well so there's a difference for people who are doing it properly versus those doing it poorly! It creates incentive to not be lazy! What a concept! : ) And put more employees on the floor in busy centers so that more customer's' hands can be held.

Good Benefits..........

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at FedEx Office full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The work environment is hectic but provides training. Very good… Cons: At times too much change which can lead to confusion. Some of… Advice to Senior Management: Managers remember where you came from and treat your employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Project Coordinator

I have been working at FedEx Office

Pros: Great Employees to work with. Cons: Long Nights, if working afternoon shift. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on FedEx Office.

Worked for FedEx Office? Contribute to the Community!