Just okay

Former Employee - CSS in San Mateo, CA
Former Employee - CSS in San Mateo, CA

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

advocate of hr related rules

Cons

low salary unrealistic expectation rates expensive less holiday fast turn over

Advice to Management

disconnect to employees. people who work hard are not being recognized

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office

Training denied; store manager said he "knew better" than the massive on-line training that FedEx developed themselves.

Former Employee - Center Consultant
    Former Employee - Center Consultant

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good starting pay (if you fight for it and prove you have a B.A.), benefits after three months.

Cons

Store Manager is supposed to allow employees to use the computer on company time to access FedEx's massive training program. This store manager refused access; said he "knew better," and wished it could be as before such training existed. It is against company policy and ground for termination to access the site for training at home on our own time; so there were things I just did not know. This hurt in customer service. And the manager YELLS in public at employees for not knowing certain procedures, yet the manager refuses to train employees. Not a good work environment. Also, the "benefits in three months" is misleading. If you don't start on the 1st of the month, they don't count that month. And if the manager cuts your hours in any of the three months for any reason, that month(s) doesn't count either. So your "three month" benefits may not begin until five or seven months later :(

Advice to Management

Let your employees access the company's training, and your employees will shine.

Don't management to honor your availability.

Former Employee - Center Consultant in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Center Consultant in Riverside, CA

I worked at FedEx Office part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Work is interesting and passes the time once you're proficient. - You'll never feel intimidated by a copier/ printer again. - Very corporate, but in a good way.

Cons

- Management does not honor your availability unless you're in school or a favorite. I asked to not be scheduled for only two nights, after the rush, out of the whole week. I kept getting scheduled for those nights and would remind them about my availability. My boss didn't like that and said a paper I had signed about changes in the company meant I forfeited my availability. The paper said nothing of the sort. - There is a lot of blatant favoritism. - Hands on training is very limited.

Advice to Management

Stop choosing favorites. Honor availability when its reasonable (ie only two night a week after the rush).