FedEx Office

www.fedexoffice.com

Worse than you can imagine!

Lead Project Coordinator (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsIt's better than being unemployed and even part-time employees can get benefits.

ConsFedEx Office promises customers things (and forces employees to promise things - employees are not allowed to say no to something they know they can't do) that can't be delivered, and then don't provide enough staff or good working equipment to succeed at what they promise. Consequently, everyone always has to work harder than they should and while under enormous pressure - not to mention having to apologize to customers about a dozen times a day.

FedEx Corporate gives individual stores arbitrary "plan" numbers to meet every month and all of the individual managers (being former employees who failed to get a better job for a long enough time that they became managers) think they can meet this "plan" by cutting payroll, not realizing that, as a consequence, customers then have to stand on line all the time and receive their print jobs incorrect and late. Most center managers know how to sweep problems under the rug and juke the stats so upper management doesn't know the real done late/done wrong record of these stores.

The customers are another thing: You can't imagine how much bullying FedEx Office employees have to suffer from mean, arrogant, self-important customers who tell you you're going to do what they want NOW. People must think FedEx Office employees are the lowest life form on the planet because someone could be the assistant to the assistant to the assistant or someone nobody's ever heard of, and when they walk into a FedEx Office, they take on this bully attitude and treat the people who work there like utter crap.

The only reason to work for FedEx Office is if you are unemployed. It's a step-down from almost anything else.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should have never gone into the "printing" business. It's clear nobody in senior management knows anything about printing, because if they did, they would never put someone in a position where they're trying to focus on "prepress" work while someone is standing eight feet away yelling, "Excuse me! Can I have some help over here!"

Stick to shipping.

CSS- Review

Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) Spokane, WA

I have been working at FedEx Office

Pros: The opportunity to develop your professional and sales skills. However, after you have some skill sets under… Cons: Horrible "work-life" balance with very little reward for your efforts. There are two different worlds between management… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your sales professionals (including CSS's) and your team members. Also, in order for FedEx Office to survive in a profitable state in the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I suppose it depends on your managers..

Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at FedEx Office

Pros: The benefits are top notch, and starting pay is more than decent for the job (I came from a background in retail management, in… Cons: Yes, the economy got hit hard, therefore promotions and raises are being scrutinized more than ever, but running a successful company bears the responsibility of… Advice to Senior Management: For any company, my advice would be to look at the most successful stores with the lowest turnover rates, and ask them specifically why they're… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on FedEx Office.

Worked for FedEx Office? Contribute to the Community!