FedEx Office

www.fedexoffice.com
  www.fedexoffice.com
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

Worse than you can imagine!

Current Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Washington, DC

I have been working at FedEx Office

Pros

It's better than being unemployed and even part-time employees can get benefits.

Cons

FedEx Office promises customers things (and forces employees to promise things - employees are not allowed to say no to something they know they can't do) that can't be delivered, and then don't provide enough staff or good working equipment to succeed at what they promise. Consequently, everyone always has to work harder than they should and while under enormous pressure - not to mention having to apologize to customers about a dozen times a day.

FedEx Corporate gives individual stores arbitrary "plan" numbers to meet every month and all of the individual managers (being former employees who failed to get a better job for a long enough time that they became managers) think they can meet this "plan" by cutting payroll, not realizing that, as a consequence, customers then have to stand on line all the time and receive their print jobs incorrect and late. Most center managers know how to sweep problems under the rug and juke the stats so upper management doesn't know the real done late/done wrong record of these stores.

The customers are another thing: You can't imagine how much bullying FedEx Office employees have to suffer from mean, arrogant, self-important customers who tell you you're going to do what they want NOW. People must think FedEx Office employees are the lowest life form on the planet because someone could be the assistant to the assistant to the assistant or someone nobody's ever heard of, and when they walk into a FedEx Office, they take on this bully attitude and treat the people who work there like utter crap.

The only reason to work for FedEx Office is if you are unemployed. It's a step-down from almost anything else.

You should have never gone into the "printing" business. It's clear nobody in senior management knows anything about printing, because if they did, they would never put someone in a position where they're trying to focus on "prepress" work while someone is standing eight feet away yelling, "Excuse me! Can I have some help over here!"

Stick to shipping.

715 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office (View Most Recent)

I suppose it depends on your managers..

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at FedEx Office

Pros

The benefits are top notch, and starting pay is more than decent for the job (I came from a background in retail management, in New York no less, I'm kicking myself because I'm starting off with a better wage having less responsibilities). My managers and coworkers are great, and I believe it's due partly to the Store Manager taking the time to select quality employees whose personalities blend well (and with how many people are looking for jobs right now, that says a lot).

Cons

Yes, the economy got hit hard, therefore promotions and raises are being scrutinized more than ever, but running a successful company bears the responsibility of ultimately doing the greatest good for the business. And yes, customers can be difficult, but that's retail! I seriously challenge anyone to step up and honestly say they've never been somewhat of a jerk to an employee because expectations weren't met, or you were just having a bad day. It happens, and if you can't deal with it, look for another line of work. Retail isn't for everyone, but for me, being on my feet and running around all day sure makes the day go by a lot faster than being chained to a desk.

For any company, my advice would be to look at the most successful stores with the lowest turnover rates, and ask them specifically why they're doing such a great job. Corporations can sometimes lose select stores in the shuffle, and rely solely on printouts and forecasting on deciding what policies should be adjusted.

Selling Print and Mail Services

Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at FedEx Office

Pros

Large brand, multiple locations. Stable company, good benefits. Integrated solutions to attract all types of clients. Flexible pricing and packaging.

Cons

Really just the same as the pros as in working for a large company, many times you don't have a say in decisions.

Go out to visit clients.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office