You will retire as a manager in 20 Years

Current Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Orlando, FL

I have been working at FedEx Office

Pros

-Cost of Health care is low relative to other companies -401K is great, they match dollar for dollar on first 5% of paycheck -Management is overall supportive, respectful and knowledgeable. -Good work/life balance. Time off is automatic if requested on time

Cons

-Pay is poor. This is not a job to support a family. Not unless, you are a manager or higher. -No Room for promotion. I work with managers that hold 4 years degrees. They have been with the company for 15 years and make no more than 50,000. These managers are considered cream of the crop. -TO much focus on doiung things by the book, and not enough focus on results and performance. Employees that stand around and have poor work ethic get rewarded for following all of the rules, but employees that think outside the box and make the company money are written up.

Advice to Management

2 out of 10 employees at FedEx Office are considered super stars . They carry the company and are the reason for most of it's profit. They remain unrecognized and unrewarded. As senior management you should realize that when the economy does turn around and better jobs are available, these FedEx Office work horses will leave.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I'm happy

Current Employee - Sales Customer Service Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Customer Service Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at FedEx Office

Pros

Well, I'm a very hard person to please when it comes to employment. I work as a customer service specialist here. I'm happy with the job I do. I've stayed here for a few years when I expected to just work here to supplement employment during a tough time. I reach out to customers, welcome them, expand opportunity, and grow small accounts. I have lots of fun making good contacts. Nobody following you around as a SCSS and the trust you get in your position to get the job done. Learning new ways to help customers based on the tools you're given. For me, it's always fun and challenging.

Cons

Getting the message from Senior level management is usually like playing telephone. By the time the message gets to you its a bit distorted and confusing. I'm sure if they refine it a bit, it will be fine. I think the rewards package for sales people could be better refined. Measurement tools used to rate the job you're doing benefits cheaters instead of those doing a good job.

Advice to Management

Let workers work. Put the pricing back in the hands of the centers. Give us price matching back. It worked for Kinko's. It may seem all over the board, but with our competitors all over the board, it would greatly benefit us to work at a more personal local level than at a national level. I approve for the most part with what you're doing but you're making it very hard to compete for the business you want us to drive. But, since I'm the type that is happy with a steady paycheck, I'll do whatever it is that is needed to get to the goal. Even if it moves when you get close to it.

Medicore

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at FedEx Office

Pros

No office National foot print Ability to stay in a position regardless of your performence

Cons

Pop Copy...seriously, have you ever spoken with some at the Retail side Poor Salary if you decide to move within organization ( Capped at 18% increase) Lack of understanding of Sales activity and motivation Poor Bonus structure

Advice to Management

Seriously clean house, everyone in the senior sales roles and even the sales managers are all OUTOF DATE.. holding onto the position and doing bare minimum. The entire sales team aside from maybe 3-4 reps are happy being mediocre.