There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Overall very good experience. The company is well-run and responsive to employee needs.

Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst  in  Collierville, TN
Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Collierville, TN

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

The benefits and worklife balance are excellent at FedEx. Without question this is the best place I've worked as far as that goes. The ability to move around in the company and grow is also quite good. I've now had three careers at FedEx and they have generously paid for my education while preparing for the latest. Their policy of promoting from within means that a lot of people I know have had opportunities to grow in ways they could not imagine.

Cons

Innovation takes time. Paperwork and procedures are somewhat complex and getting moreso all the time. This may be occurring at other firms as well, but it seems especially difficult here.

Streamlining processes and instituting more collaborative processes across the Operating Companies would help us get more done for our customers.

1126 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx (View Most Recent)

FedEx reminds me of a dysfunctional but loving family... for the most part, it's great, until the doors are closed.

Former Employee - Senior Software Analyst  in  Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Analyst in Maitland, FL

I worked at FedEx

Pros

FedEx is stable and tries to keep employees best interests at heart. They offer reasonably competitive pay and benefits. There is pride in the brand, even among employees.

Cons

FedEx can be political and two-faced... the company seems much more concerned about their reputation to the public (shareholders) and sometimes shoots itself in the foot. Also, FedEx has become very bureaucratic and more of a popularity game, rather than truly rewarding innovation and hard work. The employee has become more disposable over the years, though, admittedly, it's still better than most companies.

Show some commitment in company direction. FedEx seems to change directions with the wind and sometimes appears indecisive, inconsistent, and lost.

Satisfied with FedEx

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Memphis, TN

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

Job security, work life balance, low cost of living in Memphis

Cons

limited opportunity for career advancement

mentor your capable employees and learn their needs

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!