There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Fedex- great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

As secure a job as you can get in todays environment. Opportunities exist for internal job movement when things are going good.

Cons

Ironically, some of the positives outlined above - job security makes people complacent and examples of seat-warmers are abundant.

Institutionalize performance-based trimming of fat to survive the next decade of competition and opportunities.

1125 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx (View Most Recent)

Excellent place to work but driven individuals beware!

Current Employee - Database Advisor  in  Collierville, TN
    Current Employee - Database Advisor in Collierville, TN

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

Excellent camaraderie with other employees, job security, excellent benefits, very ethical company. I'm proud to work at FedEx.

Cons

There are a large number of employees that aren't carrying their fair share of the workload. While this is encouraging for some, because of job security, it is very discouraging for those that really want to contribute to FedEx's success. It can be demoralizing to see other's that aren't contributing as much getting the same recognition and compensation as those that strive hard to do an excellent job.

Reward those that make larger contributions to FedEx's success. The current culture encourages top performers to leave the company and encourages lower performers to stay.

FedEx Rocks!

Current Employee - Systems Architect Advisor  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Systems Architect Advisor in Memphis, TN

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

FedEx offers a wide range of professional opportunities. In addition, there is a very strong affirming culture within which those that work hard are acknowledged and given opportunities for professional growth.

Cons

As a 24 year veteran, my compensation is not what it should be for the work I do - I chose to not change companies frequently over the years, which hindered my compensation level.

I would give the FedEx senior management a big thumbs up for continuing to effectively diversify the corporation - i.e. Ground, Freight, Office acquisitions. Please keep Mr. Smith at the helm for as long as possible and continue to support technology innovation for the long term. I trust you!

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!