There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Fedex- great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

As secure a job as you can get in todays environment. Opportunities exist for internal job movement when things are going good.

Cons

Ironically, some of the positives outlined above - job security makes people complacent and examples of seat-warmers are abundant.

Advice to Management

Institutionalize performance-based trimming of fat to survive the next decade of competition and opportunities.

reviews filtered by
  1. FedEx Rocks!

Current Employee - Systems Architect Advisor in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Systems Architect Advisor in Memphis, TN

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

FedEx offers a wide range of professional opportunities. In addition, there is a very strong affirming culture within which those that work hard are acknowledged and given opportunities for professional growth.

Cons

As a 24 year veteran, my compensation is not what it should be for the work I do - I chose to not change companies frequently over the years, which hindered my compensation level.

Advice to Management

I would give the FedEx senior management a big thumbs up for continuing to effectively diversify the corporation - i.e. Ground, Freight, Office acquisitions. Please keep Mr. Smith at the helm for as long as possible and continue to support technology innovation for the long term. I trust you!

2. Great Company/Good Job

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

career opportunities - operations, sales, analytical positions available when times are good. If you are willing to move, your chances for advancement are greatly improved. Compensation seems fair compared with competitors is fair, but variable compensation could be better for sales jobs. Benefits are tremendous, still offer pension as well as half-match on 401k. Good health benefits and promote good work/life balance. Must like a constantly changing atmosphere. Always keeping pace or getting ahead of competition means procedures never stick around long. Management does a good job of reconizing good performers. Overall good place to work.

Cons

morale - can be negative with some employees, typical for most large companies.

Advice to Management

less black/white procedures, ability to factor in subjetivity to customer-experience