FedEx

www.fedex.com

Old Timer IT Person

Current Employee - Technical Advisor  in  Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Technical Advisor in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Great company. I was proud to work for them. However, I think it is built on the back of the couriers, pilots, and hub people and delivers packages on time despite current poor IT support.

Cons

The company has become mired in the mud due to new processes implemented over the last few years. It is impossible to get anything done for the users. Small fixes take an act of Congress to load to production, much more than they are worth. So anything but the most fatal of errors is never scheduled for work. Paperwork occupies most of a developers time. Don't go there if you like to make things *work* for your users.

1) It shouldn't take years to implement small changes into production. Use some common sense. 2) Your middle management is telling you what you want to hear, not what you need to know. 3) Talk to your people and ask their advice instead of hiring MBAs to tell you what your folks all ready know. 4) Don't ignore us old folks because we don't know that latest whiz-bang tool. The young folks look good but they don't have a clue how the business works.

Other reviews for FedEx

Wonderful place to work and learn new skills!

Current Employee - Package Handler  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Package Handler in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

They help pay for up to $3,000 in school tuition. Also, there are many opportunities to move up within the company.

Cons

Upper management isn't always around, and there are may times where workers are left on their own to handle situations.

Have senior managers around a little more often, so that they can actually see things that are going on in their work groups. That would help answer any questions or comments that people might have at certain times.

Overall a positive experience.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tulsa, OK

Pros

You get to become connected with the business community and go behind the scenes to see what goes on in the warehouse, on the dock, manufacturing areas, production, etc. Very fascinating stuff goes on behind otherwise normal looking front doors.

Cons

Enormous bureaucracy - it's very difficult to make progress. No career progression unless you want to move to Memphis.

Please don't terminate good sales people with a dozen or more years of service after having a bad year (in the midst of the worst economic down turn of our lifetime.) More than one of my peers have been fired in the last two years. People that were solid performers for years. We just termed a sales person that went to President's Club last year. Sort of makes the rest of us nervous. Now, the high performing AE's will have to mentor and train replacements which takes us away from the business of selling. Further, your high performing AE's should receive more than a 3% annual raise. Thank you!

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx.

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!