There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Fedex

Former Employee - Production Coordinator  in  McKinney, TX
Former Employee - Production Coordinator in McKinney, TX

I worked at FedEx for more than a year

Pros

The insurance is the main benefit and the only reason I stuck around for as long as I did

Cons

Run your life in to the ground

before implementing new corporate policies get the opinions and feedback from a handful of employees

1140 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx (View Most Recent)

Old Timer IT Person

Current Employee - Technical Advisor  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Advisor in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at FedEx full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company. I was proud to work for them. However, I think it is built on the back of the couriers, pilots, and hub people and delivers packages on time despite current poor IT support.

Cons

The company has become mired in the mud due to new processes implemented over the last few years. It is impossible to get anything done for the users. Small fixes take an act of Congress to load to production, much more than they are worth. So anything but the most fatal of errors is never scheduled for work. Paperwork occupies most of a developers time. Don't go there if you like to make things *work* for your users.

1) It shouldn't take years to implement small changes into production. Use some common sense. 2) Your middle management is telling you what you want to hear, not what you need to know. 3) Talk to your people and ask their advice instead of hiring MBAs to tell you what your folks all ready know. 4) Don't ignore us old folks because we don't know that latest whiz-bang tool. The young folks look good but they don't have a clue how the business works.

Wonderful place to work and learn new skills!

Current Employee - Package Handler  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Package Handler in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at FedEx part-time for more than a year

Pros

They help pay for up to $3,000 in school tuition. Also, there are many opportunities to move up within the company.

Cons

Upper management isn't always around, and there are may times where workers are left on their own to handle situations.

Have senior managers around a little more often, so that they can actually see things that are going on in their work groups. That would help answer any questions or comments that people might have at certain times.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!