FedEx

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Wage stagnation

Current Employee - Courier in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Courier in Miami, FL

I have been working at FedEx full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Tuition reimbursent, 3 week-vacation after 5 years, decent health care insurance, collaborative environment.

Cons

Recently hired couriers wages are close to 10 year veterans, wage stagnation, take more than 17 years to max out, lack of employee's bargaining power when it comes to benefits and wages, lack of performance based payment, consistent benefit-payment reduction (split-shift payment elimination, higher insurance deductibles), more responsability at work does not translate in better pay (Dangerous goods specialists and other positions don't get any pay increase).

management is hog-tied by higher ranked managers and policies based in higher profits in detriment of front line work force

1352 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx (View Most Recent)

Opportunity, opportunity, opportunity!

Current Employee - Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at FedEx full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity, tuition reimbursement, broad selection of lateral and promotion movement availability, excellent people-centered culture, only the best managers, competitive salary and benefits, job security.

Cons

There is very little downside that I can articulate to working with FedEx. I have been with the company since I was 18 years old (am now 33), and they have continued to provide opportunity to growth and development, as well as support to my pursuit of higher education.

Keep up the good work!

Your gonna like it

Former Employee - Courier in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Courier in New Orleans, LA

I worked at FedEx full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay. Decent benefits. Meet lots of people. Energetic job. Working closely with other couriers and making friends that last forever.

Cons

Local mngt can make own rules and not follow co.policy. work some holidays. Gotta work in the rain and snow. Jumping in & out of the truck all day. Bad on the knees.

Take care of your frontline employees. They make the company.. local mngt needs to be rotated..don't allow (clicks) to be formed..

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx