Great benefits and decent pay.

Current Employee - Package Handler  in  Grimes, IA
Current Employee - Package Handler in Grimes, IA

I have been working at FedEx part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is great for only being a part-time job. Benefits are also very stellar for only being PT. Once you prove yourself, management is very willing to work with you.

Cons

My only complaint has been of management lately at my facility. Someone was hired based on who they were and not what they knew. Now morale is down at our facility from being micromanaged by someone who does not really know what is going on.

Dig a little more when hiring managers. Hiring someone who is not familiar with the job and tries to micromanage people with more knowledge about the job seems to be frustrating our entire crew.

Other Reviews for FedEx

great

Current Employee - Package Handler  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Package Handler in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at FedEx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Geate emploies and good bosses.

Cons

not a strait 8hr day

N/A

One of Memphis' best employers, rated in the top 100 places to work in IT

Current Employee - Senior Technical Analyst  in  Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Analyst in Memphis, TN

I have been working at FedEx full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

co-workers are great, immediate management is good, health benefits are good for a family

Cons

salary is lower here than other parts of the country due to a bit lower cost of living, benefits are slowly being chipped away at, some subtle, traditional pension no longer offered, first ever pay cut in 2008 of 5% (more counting no bonus and no 401K matching that was stopped for a while) never restored despite better company performance a few years later. jumpseat flying taken away. parts of the city and some surrounding suburbs are going downhill as the city annexes more areas

The next time you decide to cull the herd, let line managers be involved in the process to get rid of the dead weight who spend all day on facebook, surfing the internet and wasting company time and resources being do-nothings who appear busy, not laying off higher income earners, who earned their money being good employees who know their jobs well and helped get the company where it is now

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx.

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!