There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Overall, working with the IT group was a miserable experience. Company overall is very good.

Former Employee - Senior Technical Quality Analyst in Collierville, TN
Former Employee - Senior Technical Quality Analyst in Collierville, TN

I worked at FedEx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company overall is very generous. Benefits were great. Everyone I worked for was great and very helpful. Company has a great reputation both inside and outside

Cons

The department I worked for under the IT group (specifically the QA Department) was less than desirable. Uncertainty on my job role & function, micromanaging and the inability to move out from under the SVP made life miserable. I was hired in by a manager who was new and didn't know what his role was nor did he know exactly what my role was. The result was a 'sink or swim' environment that resulted in being in survival mode in the world of a monster company. I will never forget what it means to be in 'the belly of the beast' working for this company.

Advice to Management

For the IT department (specifically the QA Department): Stop micromanaging every squeak and turn of your people. Allow for flexibility & creativity. Have clear and concise job roles and how to ascend (Associate -> Senior -> Principle).

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx

Stressful sales job.

Current Employee - Area Development Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Area Development Sales Executive

I have been working at FedEx full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Good product. Superior service provider.

Cons

Stress!! Micro managed. Bad work life balance. Compensation is dwindling. You stretch on goals unrealistic. Cannot meet goals anymore do to huge LTL goals. Bonuses are nonexistent. They've dummies down the sales force by merging parcel and LTL sales.

Advice to Management

People service promise! Live it!

2. Dont care about employees

Former Employee - Swing Driver in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Swing Driver in Rochester, NY

I worked at FedEx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

steady work mon through fri full benefits with retirement.

Cons

The company has changed from employee friendly to numbers only. Even reviews are generated on the computer automatically and managers have no say over them. Worked three years with no raise and then given 7 cents. Does not care about the employee and forget about family life.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like humans