There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

I loved the job except numbers were more important that customer service.

Former Employee - Courier  in  Pineville, NC
Former Employee - Courier in Pineville, NC

I worked at FedEx full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You can interact with different people everyday. You are in your own truck all day without supervision most of the time. You get a good workout while you work. Time passes quickly because your always running to meet deadlines. I never got bored because your too busy. I got satisfaction by helping my customers. Pay and benefits were excellent.

Cons

There is too much micro management while your in the station unloading and loading the freight. We were pressures do always do more with less people. Too much paperwork and goal to meet in numbers on paper. Getting 100% wasnt good enough. Get written up for the smallest thing. They had unreasonable expectations with delivery and pickup stops per hour. without considering traffic or distance between stops. Had to work over 12 hours a day but managment expected you to only put down 12 hours and not be paid because DOT laws. Always had to work 10 to 12 hours without any break just to meet their unrealistic goals. I was told to loose customers who were filling my truck up with freight and to replace them with 10 customers shipping 1 package because it made the managers numbers look better and they got bigger bonuses. They would promise us big bonuses to get us to work harder and faster and work thru breaks and on our own time but when the time came would make some excuse why the company couldn't pay it. They thought we should just be thankful to have the jib because other people don't, But the managers would get 12,000 bonuses for our hard work. If you got hurt they were out to get rid of you because they could lose some of their monthly bonuses. Managers showed too much favortism.

Start caring more about the employees who are hurting their backs, knees, necks etc just to make you look good and just so you can get your big bonus checks. Start going back to Fred Smiths ideas of customer service. Not just numbers. You are running one of the best companies ever built from nothing into the ground. And their hardworking dedicated employees and replacing them with people who don't give a crap about the customers or the company.

1140 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx (View Most Recent)

FedEx should i stay or should i go

Current Employee - Center Consultant  in  Madison Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Center Consultant in Madison Heights, MI

I have been working at FedEx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to start a job and develop a career.

Cons

If you get a horrible manager that top part goes out the door.

Get better management

Great place for a person that willing to work hard

Current Employee - OPeration Administrator  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - OPeration Administrator in Nashville, TN

I have been working at FedEx full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay once you put some time in. Benefit are very good. This is a job that no matter what level you are at you will likely have to hustle, but it's nice to know that everyone is working as hard as you are and very few people have time to play around. I like my job because it is very interesting and no day is like the other.

Cons

Starting out as a package handler is very hard work most can do it in short term but very few have what it take to make a career of it. Moving up beyond a package handler with out a degree is very hard if not impossible in some facilities. I know some that have been with the company for over 6 years and still never made it past package handler with a degree. They only want a certain type of person in managament rolls so if you don't fit the mold your out of luck.

I notice managment seem to be very busy padding themselves on the back with reward and recongition for thing other do everyday. Stop padding your golf buddy on the back for finding package and maybe notice the others that find 5 to 10 lost packages a week.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!