There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Great people and place, just wrong time

Former Employee - Auditor in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Auditor in Memphis, TN

I worked at FedEx full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone there in/out of audit were great. I loved the work environment.

Cons

After almost 6 years my salary was noty much higher when I started (mostly bc of economy) and opportunities seemed to have dried up. Couldn't survive on that amount with a family and play the waiting game.

If a person is ready to advance don't hold them back becasue they haven't met a 4 year unofficial requirement. Especially if they are already doing the work.

reviews filtered by
  1. It is a good place to work if you are in school or to have as a second job.

I have been working at FedEx part-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you want, you can learn a lot and move up in the company. Everyone starts at the bottom, so they can relate to at all levels.

Cons

Everything is on you. You get what you put in to it.

100% true review

Former Employee - Package Handler in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Package Handler in Raleigh, NC

I worked at FedEx part-time

Pros

You get paid every Friday and part-time benefits are better than a lot of jobs full-time benefits (Health, dental, and vision!

Cons

Depending on the manager, some are lazier then others. Men will do more physical work then the women ALL THE TIME! In December they call it BLACK OUT, meaning starting the second week in December until after Christmas you will NOT be able to take any days off PERIOD! Also FedEx fiscal year starts June 1st and ends May 31st, so everyone has to bid on days off for their vacation. So it goes by seniority which means if you were hired after everyone in the company you will get wants left for the days off. meaning if two people already put in for those vacation days you won't even have a chance to get those days off. This happens every year! One guy I work with has been wanting to get Thanksgiving Eve & Christmas Eve off for the last 5 years, but because two other people have been with the company a little while longer and request those day every year HE NEVER GETS THOSE DAYS OFF! He has a family with young kids!

Certain managers DO SOME WORK! Make everyone work equally. Stop being biased to gender making the men do more physical work than the woman ALL THE TIME!

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx