There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

My experiencf at Fedex ground has been very postive.

Current Employee - Package Handler  in  Evansville, IN
Current Employee - Package Handler in Evansville, IN

I have been working at FedEx part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits.
Profit sharing pay raises..

Cons

Package handlers/ the early morning hours can be rough but you get used to it.

Sometime there are delays in getting things fixed.

1129 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx (View Most Recent)

This company has been here for me

Current Employee - Courier  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Courier in Seattle, WA

I have been working at FedEx part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Once you're in they bend over backwards for you; managers are encouraged to keep you happy and listen. The workload is balanced as much as possible. Benefits, tuition reimbursement, vacation time same for full and part-timers.

Cons

You must be savvy about some politics in order to make this company work in your favor. Management gives the squeaky wheels all the grease and the hard-workers end up working harder; isn't that EVERY job though? I think so. Money is tight at fedex right now and I'm not sure we will survive if we don't innovate somehow.

Don't forget that People and Service are the #1 priorities. Consistent, loyal employees will deliver the best service and FedEx WILL profit and the cycle will continue. But limit your staff to part-timers and service will suffer and the cycle will end.

As honestly as I can put it.

Former Employee - Courier  in  South Suburban, IL
    Former Employee - Courier in South Suburban, IL

I worked at FedEx full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Every day is the same, yet different. Once you leave the building you can sucessfully manage yourself. Great at working with communities and charities. Your success is what you make of it.

Cons

You're required to load your own truck so you leave the station and greet the public sweaty and nasty. Benefits became much more expensive. You're punished if you do well by getting your delivery stops per hour (SPH) raised. You're forced to speed in order to meet your daily SPH avg. You are a human resource: If you get hurt and can't work you're discarded like a bent paper clip. Management is never satisfied with ANY results, good or bad. Couriers and lower management turnover is very high. Management is verbally abusive at times. There is no work/life balance unless you fight for it. It can be a very high pressured job.

97% of the workforce is hard working and honest. Go after the 3% and don't take it out the 97%.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!