There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Secure work environment. Great management

Former Employee - Package Handler  in  Lansing, MI
Former Employee - Package Handler in Lansing, MI

I worked at FedEx part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

FedEx is a great place to work if you are looking to have high job security and work towards an education in business management as you work part time.

Cons

The hours are sometime ridiculous and there is no way to plan out your day, as there is no telling how long you will be at work.

Actually enforce safety rules and procedures.

1140 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx (View Most Recent)

FedEx is horrible

Former Employee - Delivery Driver  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in San Jose, CA

I worked at FedEx full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It was a job and consistent

Cons

I don't know where to begin!!!! I worked as a driver for "ground" and it was I'm a nut shell modern day slaverery. You are paid salary and work around 9 to 10 hrs daily but are only compensated for about 8 when you do the math... Giving the time you need to take to organize your truck and refuel/ wash which your contractor has you do... Management treats as guilty till proven inocent and with no benifits of any kind being just some of the problems there yeah it's a $hitty place to work!!! But because the main post is someone a bit more up in the corporate latter of course things are peachy.... But I invite that same person to come work as a "ground" driver and see how great fedex is.... Oh yeah the "express" guys get everything you don't cause they're "real" employees and they're job is of "real" value..... Screw FedEx I'll never use their service!!!!!

Treat your ground/home delivery better!!!! Or at least make them employees!!!!!

As honestly as I can put it.

Former Employee - Courier  in  South Suburban, IL
    Former Employee - Courier in South Suburban, IL

I worked at FedEx full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Every day is the same, yet different. Once you leave the building you can sucessfully manage yourself. Great at working with communities and charities. Your success is what you make of it.

Cons

You're required to load your own truck so you leave the station and greet the public sweaty and nasty. Benefits became much more expensive. You're punished if you do well by getting your delivery stops per hour (SPH) raised. You're forced to speed in order to meet your daily SPH avg. You are a human resource: If you get hurt and can't work you're discarded like a bent paper clip. Management is never satisfied with ANY results, good or bad. Couriers and lower management turnover is very high. Management is verbally abusive at times. There is no work/life balance unless you fight for it. It can be a very high pressured job.

97% of the workforce is hard working and honest. Go after the 3% and don't take it out the 97%.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!