There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Package Handler

Former Employee - Package Handler in Kennesaw, GA
Former Employee - Package Handler in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at FedEx part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It is like being part of a professional sports team at FedEx Ground. Management doesn't force too much down your way, but you are an essential cog of the wheel. It is an easy job to get, but it takes art and strength to keep it past even the trial period. If you get good and do it correctly, it is a great exercise.

Cons

The primary position requires that you scan 300 barcodes an hour and lift 70 lbs. quite regularly and if you can't take that you will not be around long. Most people actually do make it. There are sirens and the constant noise of the conveyor, earplugs might save the valuable hairs of your inner ear.

Advice to Management

Always be innovating worker safety. Some things that seem annoying over a short period of time could reek havoc after 5 or 10 years. It is hard to work 12-4am, and one time we had leftovers from a barbeque on 6-10pm shift. I'll add that it is hard to have a social life on that shift and it would be better to feed us and get us a little more accustomed to the night shift with a provided quick and variatable "dinner" before each shift.

reviews filtered by
  1. One of the Premier companies to work for in Memphis area

Former Employee - Senior Technical Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Analyst in Memphis, TN

I worked at FedEx full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is a defined career path for most positions in the company. There's opportunities to move within the different divisions as well. Depending on which area you work in, there's decent work life balance.

Cons

Sometimes moving into different roles in the company is based on who you know, networking is necessary to advance. Therefore, having a strong skill set may not get you into a position you may actually be qualified for.

2. Always Turn Over In Uniontown, Hudson

Former Employee - Csm Logistics in Hudson, OH
    Former Employee - Csm Logistics in Hudson, OH

I worked at FedEx full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Days are reasonable and not much overtime.

Cons

Much back stabbing, squabbling, management is not trained to handle it. They will not hire smarter people than they think they are. Most have little experience

Advice to Management

Get trained

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx