There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Package Handler

Former Employee - Package Handler  in  Kennesaw, GA
Former Employee - Package Handler in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at FedEx part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is like being part of a professional sports team at FedEx Ground. Management doesn't force too much down your way, but you are an essential cog of the wheel. It is an easy job to get, but it takes art and strength to keep it past even the trial period. If you get good and do it correctly, it is a great exercise.

Cons

The primary position requires that you scan 300 barcodes an hour and lift 70 lbs. quite regularly and if you can't take that you will not be around long. Most people actually do make it. There are sirens and the constant noise of the conveyor, earplugs might save the valuable hairs of your inner ear.

Always be innovating worker safety. Some things that seem annoying over a short period of time could reek havoc after 5 or 10 years. It is hard to work 12-4am, and one time we had leftovers from a barbeque on 6-10pm shift. I'll add that it is hard to have a social life on that shift and it would be better to feed us and get us a little more accustomed to the night shift with a provided quick and variatable "dinner" before each shift.

1126 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx (View Most Recent)

Amazing company, good pay.

Current Employee - Ramp Agent  in  SeaTac, WA
    Current Employee - Ramp Agent in SeaTac, WA

I have been working at FedEx part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay amazing benefits uniforms are paid for.

Cons

Early hours, crazy holidays fast paced

Management is amazing

Retired after many great years

Former Employee - IT Analyst  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at FedEx full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

As an IT analyst, I had opportunities to change career direction and specialties every 3-5 years.
    Management has re-focused on PSP Philosophy - Take care of People, people provide great Service for customers, leading to Profit for shareholders.
    Recent voluntary buy-out offer will provide more opportunities for remaining staff.

Cons

Downsizing from voluntary buy-out may result in a dynamic environment for a while.

Make sure remaining senior management sincerely supports long term strategies.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!