FedEx
www.fedex.com Pittsburgh, PA 5000+ Employees

Package Handler

Package Handler (Former Employee)
Kennesaw, GA

I worked at FedEx part-time for less than a year

ProsIt is like being part of a professional sports team at FedEx Ground. Management doesn't force too much down your way, but you are an essential cog of the wheel. It is an easy job to get, but it takes art and strength to keep it past even the trial period. If you get good and do it correctly, it is a great exercise.

ConsThe primary position requires that you scan 300 barcodes an hour and lift 70 lbs. quite regularly and if you can't take that you will not be around long. Most people actually do make it. There are sirens and the constant noise of the conveyor, earplugs might save the valuable hairs of your inner ear.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways be innovating worker safety. Some things that seem annoying over a short period of time could reek havoc after 5 or 10 years. It is hard to work 12-4am, and one time we had leftovers from a barbeque on 6-10pm shift. I'll add that it is hard to have a social life on that shift and it would be better to feed us and get us a little more accustomed to the night shift with a provided quick and variatable "dinner" before each shift.

Work environment and culture is great, but salary is low and not enough growth opportunities.

EB2 (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at FedEx full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: One of the most admired companies with global reputation and… Cons: IT side growth opportunities are few and far between, especially… Advice to Senior Management: Don't put a limit for promotions into EB3 - there are lot… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

One of the Premier companies to work for in Memphis area

Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

I worked at FedEx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: There is a defined career path for most positions in the company. There's opportunities to move within… Cons: Sometimes moving into different roles in the company is based on who you know, networking is necessary to advance.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on FedEx.

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FedEx reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FedEx CEO Fred Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by FedEx employees.