People Service Profit

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Memphis, TN

I have been working at FedEx full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible schedules depending on your manager. Generally good professional opportunities and work life balance. Company is people focused, even though like all companies compensation isn't keeping up with inflation and Benefit cost increases.

Cons

Lack of empowerment of front line management and employees in the professional environment

Other Reviews for FedEx

Package Handler

Former Employee - Package Handler  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Package Handler in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at FedEx part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is like being part of a professional sports team at FedEx Ground. Management doesn't force too much down your way, but you are an essential cog of the wheel. It is an easy job to get, but it takes art and strength to keep it past even the trial period. If you get good and do it correctly, it is a great exercise.

Cons

The primary position requires that you scan 300 barcodes an hour and lift 70 lbs. quite regularly and if you can't take that you will not be around long. Most people actually do make it. There are sirens and the constant noise of the conveyor, earplugs might save the valuable hairs of your inner ear.

Always be innovating worker safety. Some things that seem annoying over a short period of time could reek havoc after 5 or 10 years. It is hard to work 12-4am, and one time we had leftovers from a barbeque on 6-10pm shift. I'll add that it is hard to have a social life on that shift and it would be better to feed us and get us a little more accustomed to the night shift with a provided quick and variatable "dinner" before each shift.

Enjoyable

Current Employee - Package Handler  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Package Handler in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at FedEx part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fedex pays tuition assistance of up to three thousand dollars a year. They also provide basic benefits despite being only part time.

Cons

The biggest draw back is starting at 4 am. Work outside in the cold. Amount of hours worked varies greatly per week.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx.

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!