There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

People Service Profit

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Memphis, TN

I have been working at FedEx full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules depending on your manager. Generally good professional opportunities and work life balance. Company is people focused, even though like all companies compensation isn't keeping up with inflation and Benefit cost increases.

Cons

Lack of empowerment of front line management and employees in the professional environment

1197 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx (View Most Recent)

Package Handler

Former Employee - Package Handler in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Package Handler in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at FedEx part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is like being part of a professional sports team at FedEx Ground. Management doesn't force too much down your way, but you are an essential cog of the wheel. It is an easy job to get, but it takes art and strength to keep it past even the trial period. If you get good and do it correctly, it is a great exercise.

Cons

The primary position requires that you scan 300 barcodes an hour and lift 70 lbs. quite regularly and if you can't take that you will not be around long. Most people actually do make it. There are sirens and the constant noise of the conveyor, earplugs might save the valuable hairs of your inner ear.

Always be innovating worker safety. Some things that seem annoying over a short period of time could reek havoc after 5 or 10 years. It is hard to work 12-4am, and one time we had leftovers from a barbeque on 6-10pm shift. I'll add that it is hard to have a social life on that shift and it would be better to feed us and get us a little more accustomed to the night shift with a provided quick and variatable "dinner" before each shift.

Amazing company, good pay.

Current Employee - Ramp Agent in SeaTac, WA
    Current Employee - Ramp Agent in SeaTac, WA

I have been working at FedEx part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay amazing benefits uniforms are paid for.

Cons

Early hours, crazy holidays fast paced

Management is amazing