People Service Profit

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Memphis, TN

I have been working at FedEx full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules depending on your manager. Generally good professional opportunities and work life balance. Company is people focused, even though like all companies compensation isn't keeping up with inflation and Benefit cost increases.

Cons

Lack of empowerment of front line management and employees in the professional environment

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx

1. Package Handler

Former Employee - Package Handler in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Package Handler in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at FedEx part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is like being part of a professional sports team at FedEx Ground. Management doesn't force too much down your way, but you are an essential cog of the wheel. It is an easy job to get, but it takes art and strength to keep it past even the trial period. If you get good and do it correctly, it is a great exercise.

Cons

The primary position requires that you scan 300 barcodes an hour and lift 70 lbs. quite regularly and if you can't take that you will not be around long. Most people actually do make it. There are sirens and the constant noise of the conveyor, earplugs might save the valuable hairs of your inner ear.

Advice to Management

Always be innovating worker safety. Some things that seem annoying over a short period of time could reek havoc after 5 or 10 years. It is hard to work 12-4am, and one time we had leftovers from a barbeque on 6-10pm shift. I'll add that it is hard to have a social life on that shift and it would be better to feed us and get us a little more accustomed to the night shift with a provided quick and variatable "dinner" before each shift.

2. One of the Premier companies to work for in Memphis area

Former Employee - Senior Technical Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Analyst in Memphis, TN

I worked at FedEx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a defined career path for most positions in the company. There's opportunities to move within the different divisions as well. Depending on which area you work in, there's decent work life balance.

Cons

Sometimes moving into different roles in the company is based on who you know, networking is necessary to advance. Therefore, having a strong skill set may not get you into a position you may actually be qualified for.