FedEx

www.fedex.com
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

If you want to do it right and feel good doing it

Current Employee - Technical Quality Architect in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Technical Quality Architect in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at FedEx full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

FedEx makes you feel like you make the world go around (later, you realize you actually do!) - you are taught to live something we call the Purple Promise that simply states "I will make every FedEx experience outstanding". Very soon, you realize that dock loaders, desk workers, strategists, individual contributors, managers and executives actually believe this stuff and care about not just getting the job done but they actually care how you felt before, during and after you did it!! Very strange to most people under pressure to perform but the level of buy-in at the highest levels of the company shows newcomers right away that this company truly puts people first. If you're not feeling good about doing something, they want to know why - genuinely and fix it before you proceed.
Quality Driven Management - This program has roots into every nook and cranny of operations and IT. FedEx truly believes in continuously improving to get better, finding better ways of doing things, being more efficient, gaining new skills and always pushing the boundaries of achievement while at the same time encouraging employees to live heavy family lives, taking vacations, flexible work from home options (mandatory 2 weeks of work from home) etc.
When you're feeling this good about your work and your contributions, I challenge you to put out poor work - you can't - it's not possible.

Cons

There aren't enough observed national holidays - I think FedEx (being a worldwide deliver business) only observes 6 National holidays.

1305 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx (View Most Recent)

Good job

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at FedEx full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent company to work for lots of opportunity for advancement. Company on very solid ground no lay off worries.

Cons

Very unhappy with pay progression. I have been an ops manager for 8 years and I am only 9% above what a new manager would start out and our bonuses that they hang over you like a carrot have been terrible. Also our medical benefits every year have gotten worse and more expensive.

Just read what I wrote above

Intern Insights

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Memphis, TN

I worked at FedEx full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people at FedEx are amazing. The company pays very well, even its interns. My higher ups did a great job of making me feel comfortable and included. The culture is fun and vibrant. Being such a big company they get to play with the other "big boys."

Cons

There is a lot of red tape to get through at FedEx. Everything has to go through legal and brand scrutiny. Being such a large company, your field of work is very narrow, especially in marketing as there are several teams and multiple directors.

Keep making sure that your employees feel included and appreciated. Try to facilitate a good work/life balance for salaried employees so they do not burn out.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx