FedEx

www.fedex.com
  www.fedex.com
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

If you want to do it right and feel good doing it

Current Employee - Technical Quality Architect in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Technical Quality Architect in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at FedEx full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

FedEx makes you feel like you make the world go around (later, you realize you actually do!) - you are taught to live something we call the Purple Promise that simply states "I will make every FedEx experience outstanding". Very soon, you realize that dock loaders, desk workers, strategists, individual contributors, managers and executives actually believe this stuff and care about not just getting the job done but they actually care how you felt before, during and after you did it!! Very strange to most people under pressure to perform but the level of buy-in at the highest levels of the company shows newcomers right away that this company truly puts people first. If you're not feeling good about doing something, they want to know why - genuinely and fix it before you proceed.
Quality Driven Management - This program has roots into every nook and cranny of operations and IT. FedEx truly believes in continuously improving to get better, finding better ways of doing things, being more efficient, gaining new skills and always pushing the boundaries of achievement while at the same time encouraging employees to live heavy family lives, taking vacations, flexible work from home options (mandatory 2 weeks of work from home) etc.
When you're feeling this good about your work and your contributions, I challenge you to put out poor work - you can't - it's not possible.

Cons

There aren't enough observed national holidays - I think FedEx (being a worldwide deliver business) only observes 6 National holidays.

1225 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx (View Most Recent)

Intern Insights

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Memphis, TN

I worked at FedEx full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people at FedEx are amazing. The company pays very well, even its interns. My higher ups did a great job of making me feel comfortable and included. The culture is fun and vibrant. Being such a big company they get to play with the other "big boys."

Cons

There is a lot of red tape to get through at FedEx. Everything has to go through legal and brand scrutiny. Being such a large company, your field of work is very narrow, especially in marketing as there are several teams and multiple directors.

Keep making sure that your employees feel included and appreciated. Try to facilitate a good work/life balance for salaried employees so they do not burn out.

Great Job for the young and uneducated

Former Employee - Courier
    Former Employee - Courier

I worked at FedEx part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Courier jobs with Fed Express offer an amazing opportunity for young individuals who are not interested in pursuing a college benefit and who have several years ahead to devote to building a career with this company. At first, the pay is not so good and good luck with ever getting a day off, but with time and seniority the Company rewards begin to accumulate.
    Also, full benefit is available for part-time employees.

Cons

It takes so long for the rewards to begin.

Management should be more responsive to employee concerns. It seem that the on site managers are driven by demands coming down from an unknown regional, national or corporate source. Hard to get any real answers from direct management about who is accountable. All decisions are reported to come from an ominous, regional, national, district or corporate source.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx