There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Had no problems!

Former Employee - Driver P&D  in  Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Driver P&D in Baltimore, MD

I worked at FedEx as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility was great. It afforded me a good work/home balance with no surprise calls. For me, working with management was a great experience. The atmosphere was professional yet light and informal enough to achieve great communication.

Cons

Having to bring packages back after-hours - that was a nuisance, even though it didn't happen very often. Would be nice if the eligible Contract employees were offered permanent positions throughout the company and their divisions based on his (her) performance as opposed to hiring outside help after the contract period is over. Makes much more sense to hire whom the management is familiar instead of starting all over again with strangers and having the Contract employees re-apply for permanent spots. For instance, I was offered an on-call spot. Had it been permanent full-time AND a step-up into a CDL-driving position, I would've stayed to this day.

Application process is horrendous! Shouldn't take anyone 4 hours to complete an application, especially when questions are repetitive. May want to consider reworking the online Application program. I do like, however, the way the information was saved in the System, which shaved off some input time to the application. As for the CEO, I can't offer an opinion because I wouldn't know who he is if he walked past me in a grocery store.

1140 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx (View Most Recent)

Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Fed Ex Courier  in  Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Fed Ex Courier in Melville, NY

I have been working at FedEx part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits and perks for part time employees.

Cons

Part time only. Hard to get full time position.

Allow employees to set their own routes as they feel is the most timely.

Great starting out point

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at FedEx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The training is very intense, you come into your job knowing FedEx in and out. Flexible work schedule. Good starting salary. They put a lot of time and effort into understanding that you are an employee and not a number. Acting as a consultant instead of a sales professional.

Cons

Very limited opportunities for advancement without moving. Collaboration with different internal contacts can be difficult.

Management can become stagnant, haven't performed duties of the job in many years. Need to re-do the job again so they can understand challenges.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!