There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Intern Insights

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Memphis, TN

I worked at FedEx full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people at FedEx are amazing. The company pays very well, even its interns. My higher ups did a great job of making me feel comfortable and included. The culture is fun and vibrant. Being such a big company they get to play with the other "big boys."

Cons

There is a lot of red tape to get through at FedEx. Everything has to go through legal and brand scrutiny. Being such a large company, your field of work is very narrow, especially in marketing as there are several teams and multiple directors.

Keep making sure that your employees feel included and appreciated. Try to facilitate a good work/life balance for salaried employees so they do not burn out.

1185 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx (View Most Recent)

Great Job for the young and uneducated

Former Employee - Courier
    Former Employee - Courier

I worked at FedEx part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Courier jobs with Fed Express offer an amazing opportunity for young individuals who are not interested in pursuing a college benefit and who have several years ahead to devote to building a career with this company. At first, the pay is not so good and good luck with ever getting a day off, but with time and seniority the Company rewards begin to accumulate.
    Also, full benefit is available for part-time employees.

Cons

It takes so long for the rewards to begin.

Management should be more responsive to employee concerns. It seem that the on site managers are driven by demands coming down from an unknown regional, national or corporate source. Hard to get any real answers from direct management about who is accountable. All decisions are reported to come from an ominous, regional, national, district or corporate source.

Good job

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at FedEx full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent company to work for lots of opportunity for advancement. Company on very solid ground no lay off worries.

Cons

Very unhappy with pay progression. I have been an ops manager for 8 years and I am only 9% above what a new manager would start out and our bonuses that they hang over you like a carrot have been terrible. Also our medical benefits every year have gotten worse and more expensive.

Just read what I wrote above

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx