There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

You can be proud to work here.

Current Employee - Corporate Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Corporate Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

FedEx provides job security and good benefits to its employees and the majority of its managers encourage maintaining a good work/life balance. FedEx is excellent at providing its people with all of the tools necessary to do their jobs and for the most part, still operates by its People, Service, Profit model.

Cons

Excessive administrative requirements; Products/services offered have become a commodity

Stop being so concerned with checking off all the boxes and creating more administrative work for your people. Trust that they'll do their jobs without being babysat. Also realize that FedEx is no longer the only game in town -- transportation has become a commodity.

1183 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx (View Most Recent)

Being the best is hard work!

Current Employee - Performance and Planning Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Performance and Planning Analyst in Memphis, TN

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

FedEx is a great place to work! Everyone here works for a common goal "To make a customer experience outstanding" via the FedEx Purple Promise. Also, there's so many opportunities to grow in the company. I've been employed here for 2 years and 11 months and have been promoted 3 times. The opportunities are endless, you just have to put yourself out there and strive to be the best becasue you are representing the best.

Cons

The only downside is that upper management is what I consider to be "old school". I think it's high time to let some of the younger professionals take a shot at making this great company even greater. I feel that fresh ideas is what's needed to get through our current economic crisis.

Continue the philosophy that made FedEx the great company it is today, but step aside and let some of us new fish help keep FedEx afloat.

FedEx is an excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Senior Project Analyst in Collierville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Project Analyst in Collierville, TN

I have been working at FedEx

Pros

For me, FedEx has been a fantastic company to work for. I've been with FedEx for 2.5 years after running my own business and have really enjoyed the structure, pay, benefits and attitude with regard to work/life balance. It has been a great move.

Cons

FedEx is a very large corporation and you do run into bureaucray in your day to day work.

Reduce bureaucracy. Also, this may be a strange comment from a non-manager, but in some cases FedEx's culture of consensus building can reduce speed in execution. More decisiveness at the executive level on projects may lead to improved execution.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx