FedEx

www.fedex.com

Quality Driven Management - Make it Work!

Senior Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) Collierville, TN

ProsFred Smith knows what he's doing. He has based FedEx on the People-Service-Profit premise that if you take care of your people, they will provide the service needed and the profit will come. He actually wants to take care of his employees and customers.

ConsUnfortunately, too many in management/senior management are more interested in their next promotion or how to obtain a 5-Star than they are in doing right things right the first time. Fred's renewed emphasis on Quality is falling on deaf ears in the management and senior management ranks. They are using the ready-fire-aim method rather than assess-build-launch-evaluate.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take a look at the big picture. Do what's right for FedEx instead of what's right for your career. Stop building those silos. Listen to your senior professionals - they are in the trenches and know what's happening and what can be done to make improvements. Stop killing productivity because you are trying to make a splash. You are creating a frustrated and demotivated work force.

FedEx-Its ok

Intern II (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

I worked at FedEx

Pros: Relaxed culture, work stays at the office. As long as you show up to work… Cons: monotonous work, nothing exciting to do unless you are a VP. It does not really matter if you are hard working or talented, you will… Advice to Senior Management: you only need half of your employees More

Great place to work

Senior Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) Collierville, TN

I have been working at FedEx

Pros: Great pay for the area. I am very happy with how I am treated at FedEx. FedEx has a pension plan that is very nice.… Cons: It is hard to make a name for yourself and stand out. Great pay for the area. I am very happy with how I am… Advice to Senior Management: Good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on FedEx.

Worked for FedEx? Contribute to the Community!