There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Trade Networks

I had a good experience at FedEx but was disappointed with the dishonesty in management.

Former Employee - Warehouse Agent  in  Elk Grove Village, IL
Former Employee - Warehouse Agent in Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at FedEx Trade Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

i had freedom. Not in a sense that i can do whatever i wanted, but the fact that i was told what needed to be done and my supervisor did not hound me throughout the day. i felt trusted and reliable, instead of feeling incompetent.

Cons

There is very little for promotions.

Stop hiring temp employees and hire directly to the company.

7 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Trade Networks (View Most Recent)

A lot of open favortism

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Torrance, CA

I have been working at FedEx Trade Networks full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Benefits and 401K
    If your experienced in the field and your not a current employee this is a good job to work for they will pay you your worth.

Cons

Poor leadership, no personal growth, a lot of office politics and open favortism.
    Say promote from within but more than 75% of staff in leadership postions are from outside.
    Do not promote employees and there is no office culture.

Verify managers are promoting people for skill sets and actual abilities to do the job.
    Managers hire who they like and are on friendship basis with new people they do hire.
    Unprofessional leadership.

You can learn a great deal & work with great people but don't expect a decent raise or high pay based on job performance

Current Employee - Customer Service, Customs Brokerage  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service, Customs Brokerage in Seattle, WA

I have been working at FedEx Trade Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you push to learn a lot, you will be given the opportunity to learn a lot. You will work with other very professional and dedicated people in a very complex industry. You will receive public recognition for a job well done. Good benefits, retirement and health care package. They actually do a pension plan and most companies don't anymore. You can move around within the company in different roles if you want to. They are rapidly growing and are at the forefront of technology used with US CBP. This attracts big companies that do international business to desire a working relationship with Fedex Trade Networks leading to increased business opportunities.

Cons

Just because you learn a lot, or are extremely good at your job doesn't mean you will get a pay increase. You can be awesome at your job, do a ton of work and be extremely productive and the person next to you can be lazy and unproductive, you will both be paid the same. Even though you receive public recognition for achievements, that doesn't result in better pay or bonuses. Several years ago Fedex Trade Networks did this but now they do not anymore due to their goal of ORGANIC growth. I.E. encourage hard work in employees, pay them low wages, grow the company and pad corporate executives pockets with bonuses and stock options. The benefits are great but the pay won't help you pay down school debt any faster. Moving around within the company doesn't guarantee salary increases, just more work.

When employees work their tails off we don't care about a pat on the back, show us the money and give us more than a 1-2 % raise each year. Seriously... What is this management can't give top scores policy? Why can't management in operations give top scores to employees? Then people who are their own bosses within the company give themselves all top scores and get 10-15% raises every single year. I'm not making this up because a manager actually told me this is the policy, actually multiple managers did. Really?

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Trade Networks

Worked for FedEx Trade Networks? Contribute to the Community!