There are newer employer reviews for Federal-Mogul

An intergral part of my memory.

Current Employee - Client Service Desk  in  New Delhi (India)
Current Employee - Client Service Desk in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Federal-Mogul as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

All the employees whether at senior or junior level, they not only respect the company values but also do they have a respect for themselves and their coworkers... In short its a team.

Cons

Not at all suitable for ones who are not puctual.

100 Other Employee Reviews for Federal-Mogul (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Seniot Product Engineer
    Former Employee - Seniot Product Engineer

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Highly talented and dedicated team.

Cons

Easily affected by an industry turmoil.

Keep doing great job!

Long hours with a company promise of retirement benefits if we are loyal.

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I was an Engineer At F-M untill they let me walk after I was released to go back to work after a bout with cancer. I can truly say I was instrumental in pulling the engine bearing manufacturing into the current century and providing them with technical manufacturing abilities to exceed those of all our competitors. Equipment I fostered is used world wide. The product should be the best any internal combustion engine manufacturer can purchase. The bearings are about as good as it gets.

Cons

I was a fool. I believed the directors; corporate leaders and local management when they said to be loyal to us and you will receive the retirement benefit of purchasing into the regular company medical program. I treated them as if they were family and worked hard to never miss a shipment or send defective product out the door. In the end, I found out I was only an asset tag and an accounting burden to be thrown off at will. They lied to me all those years. They required my loyalty and didn’t reciprocate. They are totally legalistic and will use you up and throw you away. They terminated all retiree benefits with a letter. It was from F-M, not signed and didn’t indicate from what department. Fear of retaliation, I suspect. They claimed they had to stop retiree benefits because they were not able to make a profit. I checked the 1st quarter profit report. It was in the black when we were able to pay into the medical program. After they threw us away, they turned around and spent about 100 million dollars to purchase another company in the next quarter. They are driven by one thing and one thing only, greed. I would recommend you look elsewhere for a career other than Federal-Mogul. They are not honorable people.

I am certain they wouldn’t print what I would like management to do. I will say this: stop listening to Wall Street, replace the Board of Directors with true human beings, and start to treat people as you would like yourself to be treated. Tell no lies and stop embellishing the picture. Keep true talent and visionaries as partners and cut the dead wood and stop promoting the dead wood to keep you safe. You really cut off your nose to spite your face when you treated people so badly. In the end, it is you that will be languishing.

There are newer employer reviews for Federal-Mogul

Worked for Federal-Mogul? Contribute to the Community!