There are newer employer reviews for Federal-Mogul

Was looking for mid level salary ranges

Current Employee - Production Support in Skokie, IL
Current Employee - Production Support in Skokie, IL

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are more than fair compared to other companies

Cons

Depending on department and supervisor the opportunities to advance are still geared to who you know, hard working people are more than often passed up for promotion.

Review all employees reviews and pay to insure that they are being fairly treated.

reviews filtered by

Incredible

Former Intern - Human Resources in Skokie, IL
    Former Intern - Human Resources in Skokie, IL

I worked at Federal-Mogul as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I worked in a warm, open environment that encouraged collaboration and valued high quality work. I would return in a heartbeat.

Cons

The plant I worked at can be overwhelmingly large. There is too much work and not enough time nor manpower, but you make do.

2. There is opportunity, but it comes with challenges

Former Employee - Manager in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Manager in Southfield, MI

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you work at the corporate headquarters, there is a streamlined organization - not a lot of different levels. Depending on your area, you can find dedicated people that you will like to work with, which may mean you have to be a bit patient as you work within the organization to find your fit. For younger individuals (20s, early 30s), there is a really great opportunity to have leadership responsibilities with opportunities for promotion that you may not find with other similar companies at that age.

Cons

The company is owned by Carl Icahn. He expects a return on his investment and there is little concern for the long term well being of employees and the company. This does not mean the leadership is the same - but they must work within this constraint. This leads to some very tough Personnel/HR behaviors and decisions - this leads to their high turnover. That is why I say there's opportunity at the company - but you have to be willing to tolerate the down side as well.

Greater communication on the status of the organization is required. They also need to find some way to address the high turnover rates.

There are newer employer reviews for Federal-Mogul