Federal-Mogul

www.federalmogul.com
  www.federalmogul.com
There are newer employer reviews for Federal-Mogul

Solving the same problems, over and over

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time

Pros

This job had good benefits, on the job training, and great people to work with. Anyone working on the shop floor was always helpful. The products are interesting, varied and high-quality. Management is OK with mid-level managers working the shop floor equipment to learn the ropes of the company.

Cons

Management culture is stuck. The high-margin products hide many sins, and the rotating younger employees mean that there is no consistency on the shop floor. The main strength is the experience of the seasoned operators, but this experience is not easily transferred to new employees. When someone leaves, their knowledge goes with them, much moreso than at other companies, and problems are "solved" repeatedly by each new employee.

Encourage team building and cross-training of operators and management staff. The silos of information need to end, with more official documentation of problems and solutions, with a focus on standardized troubleshooting. Amazing experience exists in house, but it needs to be transferred sustainably.

112 Other Employee Reviews for Federal-Mogul (View Most Recent)

Great learning environment!

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time

Pros

A great place for an engineer to grow and learn. Very flexible hours if you work in engineering (salaried). Down to earth management team at Athens

Cons

Hours can be long. (Most manufacturing environments are). No cons that I can think of right off the bat about working here.

Continue heading in the direction you're going now

RUN!

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Skokie, IL
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Skokie, IL

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Recognizable name and the automotive industry experience is nice.
    Provided training to employees

Cons

Management doesn't believe in a work/life balance. I was constantly getting pressure to come in eariler and work weekends.
    Machinery was old and the entire facility was filthy. I would be covered in dirt by the end of the day.
    The last straw was a passive aggressive email, I received from HR because I would take a 45 minute lunch break instead of a 30 minute lunch. SERIOUSLY!.I stay an hour over everyday & come in early and I still get this nonsense.

There are newer employer reviews for Federal-Mogul