There are newer employer reviews for Federal-Mogul

Good if you just want a job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time

Pros

* You'll be working with diversity of people. * Great to learn some new skills. * A quick hiring company.

Cons

*The Federal Mogul in Tennessee pays $10.35hr tops. *You'll be working plenty of overtime. It's good if you need the money. But you won't have much time off to enjoy it. *The company has very, very limited benefit package which you just might benefit from it. *You can get terminated for almost any reason without being addressed the situation. *Your production is the key in staying gainfully employment. Yet the management pick and chooses who stays and who goes regardless.

Advice to Management

No comment. I'll stay posted on how the company does in the near future.

Other Employee Reviews for Federal-Mogul

1. Plant left to die.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Avilla, IN
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Avilla, IN

I have been working at Federal-Mogul full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits and salary is fair. Since the plant is being moved to Juarez I am also learning that the severance package is also fair.

Cons

Corporate decided our plant was not a core business so they are moving the product line to Juarez so it can die (opinion). The plant has a 30-year history of dedicated / talented people, high quality products, advanced automation, and profitability. It seems so wasteful not to move new products into the facility to capitalize on all of the valuable talent and assets.

Advice to Management

Most times management does not take time to truly comprehend the capabilities and accomplishments of the people that actually make manufacturing happen...a condescending nod is not true respect. When people and their efforts are reduced to mere assets employment in corporate America is no longer something to be valued.

2. Supervisor of Third Party

Former Employee - Supervisor of Third Party in Blacksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Supervisor of Third Party in Blacksburg, VA

I worked at Federal-Mogul full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the workers are nice and there for U.

Cons

There is really nothing great to say about this company. They work U 7 days a week. All the time.....I was a third party supervisor and went into the company for more money and now I regret it. FM in Blacksburg, Va. Scraps so much its not even funny. They hire young people to be operators and they dont even know what they are doing. When I worked for PIC as third party we went by GM's rules and regulations. It was great. I knew what was bad and what was good. When U went into the company from a third party, the supervisor would do anything in her power to not let U make your 90 days probation period. She tried to get all the other workers to set u up and its like working for a huge hugh school so MUCH DRAMA!!!!! If they would rotate their people that have been there so long people would get days off. I have never worked for a place that was so unorganized or didnt care about their employees. But the money was good! U had to work all the time 7 days a week U had NO LIFE!

Advice to Management

There was NO training LOL whats training at FM???????