There are newer employer reviews for Federal Reserve Bank (NY)

Love the place, will work to make it even better

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank (NY)

Pros

The people are awesome -- there are many bright and non-workaholic folks, which makes it great to work there on both intellectual and work-life balancing levels. Benefits are hard to beat.

Cons

There is some tendency for top-down-because-I-said-so management and bureaucracy but both can be overcome with a bit of confidence and personal contacts.

Being senior does not always mean that you know better. But you knew that already...

91 Other Employee Reviews for Federal Reserve Bank (NY) (View Most Recent)

Not disgruntled, but don't want to deal with the bureaucracy

Current Employee - Bank Examiner  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Bank Examiner in New York, NY

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank (NY)

Pros

This place gives you a great deal of exposure to the regulatory world in finance. You can learn many aspect of the FED and the role it plays in the financial markets. The best groups are Markets, Bank Supervision, and Research.

Cons

The red tape and the public image we have to maintain as workers. We are held at a higher standard compared with other organizations. You have to be in managements face to show them you are doing work. While other workers just want to do a good job. These people don't get promoted. It all depends on what project you worked on, not your experience. Doing your normal days work does not cut it for the bank.

You need to treat people right for them to stay a long time, once the market turns around people will jump after only working 2-4 years.

Don't work here unless you really need the money.

Current Employee - IT Worker  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Worker in New York, NY

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank (NY)

Pros

It's better than being unemployed, I guess. Sometimes, I wonder, though. About all I can say good about the place is that it is easy to commute to. It's only a block from Penn Station in manhattan.

Cons

Long hours, low pay, management by intimidation. They show absolutely no regard for anything but their own bottom line. Workers are treated like chattel. Also, if they do fire you, they fight you in court for you to get unemployment. Senior management is heartless. Turnover is close to 40 percent per year. I have never worked in an environment as toxic as this outfit. My performance evaluation is 7 months late.

Wake up. You have a lot of really talented and dedicated people who work for you, but they are all very unhappy. You are going to lose them!

There are newer employer reviews for Federal Reserve Bank (NY)

Worked for Federal Reserve Bank (NY)? Contribute to the Community!