Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
www.chicagofed.org Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Loved My Career at the Fed!

Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsGenerous tuition reimbursement policy and organizational culture that values and rewards education and continuous learning. Very smart employees in general. Great career mobility. Culture values integrity and honesty which is rare in today's business climate.

ConsYou kind of hit a ceiling when its time for promotion to officer ranks because most officers stay until retirement. Very risk averse culture. Too little employee attrition in the "lifer" ranks.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make it so easy for employees to slide into a comfortable officer position and retire on the job.

Come here to retire

Chicago, IL

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago full-time for more than a year

Pros: Best benefits out there for employees - 401K, Pension, Tuitiion Reimbursement, Flex Days,… Cons: Dry Personalities, Stagnant career, Political uphill battle, Seniority Complex Advice to Senior Management: Meet your deadlines and stop wasting time No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A great introduction into public finance, situated at the intersection of banking and public policy.

Business Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Passionate people, relevance as an institution, and meaningful projects to… Cons: One must understand Fed employees are paid less relative to a private bank; but many… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.

Worked for Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago CEO Charles Evans . All reviews posted anonymously by Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees.