Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
www.clevelandfed.org Cleveland, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

Compensation & Benefits are great but the culture sucks

Financial Analyst I (Current Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat Compensation & Benefits. It appears the organization is working towards a better work/life balance for its employees. They have invested heavily in a new modern exercise facility and programs. Although they do charge their employees for the use of the facility and programs, it is a minimal cost. However, I think it should be free. In addition, some of the employees can work from home when the need arises.

ConsWith the "Normative Culture" it is not a very fun place to work: In such that, the norms and procedures of the organization are predefined and the rules and regulations are set as per the existing guidelines. As an employee you must behave in an ideal way and strictly adhere to the policies of the organization. No employee dares to break the rules and must stick to the already laid policies. Many of the employees I worked with found their work to be a burden an dreaded coming in every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementMorning meetings are essential to effectively communicate the agenda of the day to one and all. Every employee should be treated equally and no one should feel neglected or left out at the workplace. Quick feedback's are important. In addition, management should pay attention to young workers that could excel within the organization with a little mentoring and positive attitude from all levels of management.

5 years of my life Ill never get back

Law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee)

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Experience- looks great on a resume Benefits are great, but getting more and… Cons: Low pay Advancement is painfully slow, if possible at all Overlooking experience in favor of education. If you dont have a degree, you will not advance Politics-… Advice to Senior Management: Embrace the 21st Century. Its no the 1950s anymore. Let your employees do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The same as it always was... We've always done it this way

Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Benefits, especially 401(k); salaries were okay; if you jump from… Cons: Tenure more important than performance; politicking is rampant; if you have a great idea, your boss takes credit; if they have… Advice to Senior Management: 1950's management is dead, time to evolve. Trust isn't earned, it's… More

There are newer reviews on Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.

Worked for Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland CEO Sandra Pianalto. All reviews posted anonymously by Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland employees.