Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco

www.frbsf.org

A place that's willing to invest in its employees' growth

Information Security Consultant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsEncourages attendance at industry related conferences, obtaining training to enhance skills needed for job, friendly work environment, great location for commuting.

ConsProcesses are hard to get altered with standard bureaucracy and overall it seems that the people are used to being set in the way things get done. It's hard to suggest new ideas and get the right people interested in them. New employee training is standard but could use to be tailored to each organization for clarity as to what is expected within the different orgs/teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementUrge people managers to really care about the progress of individuals on their teams. Progress plans are in place, but seem to be bloated with a lot of company-speak (or maybe they're just to generalized) to make it seem like progress is important.

YING AND YANG

Examiner (Current Employee)

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco full-time

Pros: Good 401(k) and defined benefit plan. New gym. Reasonable cafeteria. Generally nice co-workers -- when you see them. Generally informal. Flex… Cons: Salaries are below average when compared to other governmental agencies such as the OCC, SEC and FHB. Often, as a "fully effective employee," one… Advice to Senior Management: There are so many little things that management could do to make life better; instead the defend the status quo. For example have hours… More

Great company for balanced lifestyle

Research Associate II (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great coworkers. Very reasonable hours. The education benefits are incredible (15k+ a year). I am concurrently doing a master's in a technical… Cons: Advancement opportunities are rare unless you are in BS&R or… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.

Worked for Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco? Contribute to the Community!