There are newer employer reviews for Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco

Great people and support system.

Former Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA
Former Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing people, great support system and very structured internship program. The FRB Gold program has grown over the last few years and has really done a great job in making sure that interns are taken care of. I was able to learn a lot in a short period of time and make lifelong connections, including mentors.

Cons

The job itself did not challenge me and made me feel a bit complacent. Many employees here are a bit older and have families to go back to, which makes it hard for a younger employee like myself to really bond with team members outside of work.

Other Employee Reviews for Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco

Human Resources was great in facilitating coming on to the company.

Current Employee - Business Analyst III in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst III in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HR was very efficient in keeping me updated with the interview and hiring process. In addition, the background check and completion of paperwork online. I am really excited about starting with the company.

Cons

No problems as of yet.

A place that lacks teamwork, cooperation, innovation, and openness

I worked at Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco full-time

Pros

Salary, benefits, work-life balance, location to public transportation

Cons

Worst business culture I've ever experienced - many employees appear like the walking dead - unmotivated, unhappy. Overall there is a lack of teamwork in many departments, and there is a lack of transparency, collaboration, and trust between employees and management. So much gossip it seemed like high school all over again!

Advice to Management

Get rid of incompent, bullying managers, and start working on a culture that encourages rather than punishes teamwork, creativity, and ambition. Read the article "Federal Reserve Employees Afraid to Speak Put Financial System at Risk" and start doing something to change the culture.