Good pre-doctoral experience

Pros

Relaxed, good colleagues, exposure to exclusive datasets

Cons

Maybe too much freedom for some overachievers. Also, no good schools to use academic assistance package near the vincinity

Other Employee Reviews for Federal Reserve Board

1. FRB is an exciting place to work

Pros

It provides a unique perspective you can't get many other places. Benefits are great, people are a pleasure to work with, time off is a huge pro

Cons

Too much consensus building on business ops side (internal operations of Board). Too many people stuck in old ways "these is how we always do things" (this culture is changing with recent strategic management hires though)

Advice to Management

Bring some younger people in! Bring some life and energy into this place!

2. As a Web Development Intern, I enjoyed being in DC and Pay was Excellent

Former Intern - Web Development Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Intern - Web Development Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Federal Reserve Board as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, nice environment, awesome buildings and perks that come with being a Board employee. Benefits are also good for employees. Work can get boring but that's just work. When I received my paycheck, it all made sense. Most people who work there are friendly but there is also some politics involved. Duh! I got to meet and take a pic with Ben Bernanke and Janet Yellen. So that was a great experience.

Cons

I was given a tedious project from which I did not learn much. Seemed like wax on wax off type of job as an intern but I did my time and earned what I deserved. Actually they overpaid me... how dumb is that, being the Fed. I received an extra paycheck and they've been bugging me about it since.

Advice to Management

Please don't be so uptight. Not my manager, but some other interns I observed.