Federal Signal

www.federalsignal.com
  www.federalsignal.com
There are newer employer reviews for Federal Signal

In my time with the company, I have learned a lot, and been given opportunities to contribute in many departments.

I have been working at Federal Signal full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Probably the most outstanding positive things about Federal Signal are work/life balance, training opportunities (you need to be your own advocate here, however), and generally friendly culture.

Cons

Generally lower-than-industry-average salary and sometimes limited professional advancement can be problematic. Accountability for many functions is also wanting, which makes for a difficult work environment at times.

Communication of strategy, as well as its implementation are areas for significant improvement.

24 Other Employee Reviews for Federal Signal (View Most Recent)

review

I have been working at Federal Signal full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

fun environment, good benefits, good employees

Cons

They dont pay their good employees well

Pay the performing employees

go with the flow or else! and figure it out on your own

Current Employee - Manufacturing/Assembly in University Park, IL
    Current Employee - Manufacturing/Assembly in University Park, IL

I have been working at Federal Signal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good hours for salary people, never worked a weekend and very rarely you needed to stay late

Cons

no company direction as everybody is looking to meet the numbers, which are poorly calculated and forecasted anyway. Many union workers know how to play the game really well and they do just the minimal. Seems that a lot of people is there because they have enough seniority but almost no one shows a real desire to learn. Same thing with many salary employees, lack of professional attitude, engineers can work together and with others but supervisors are bad at disciplining people and following up. Schedulers don't even know how to create orders so everything is on a please-make-this system...I don't have time/send me an email are pretty common answers when you ask for help

I guess the "healing" process would be a long and painful but they got to start some time and the sooner the better. Having a training and a disciplinary program that would allow employees to increase their knowledge and skills and the a system that would hold them accountable should be started.

There are newer employer reviews for Federal Signal