Great commissions but terrible management. Idiots

Former Employee - Marketing Representative  in  Birmingham, AL
Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Federated Insurance

Pros

Commissions were great but too much emphasis is put on life insurance

Cons

Too many management levels. Pushing paper and doing reports does not make anyone happy or make anyone money. Some programs will not work so stop trying

Hire management from outside the company. Don't just fill spot with a warm body. Managers are idiots

Other Reviews for Federated Insurance

Great Employer!

Former Employee - Underwriting Support Specialist  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Underwriting Support Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Federated Insurance

Pros

They hire with the desire that you will become part of the "family" and everyone is treated with respect. If you are looking for a company where you can make friends and no become another cog in the works...this is the place for you.

Cons

The company is still very small...so if you are young and looking for a wide variety of opportunities and locations to move and work in than this probably is not the best place for you. They also take allot of breaks for ice cream socials, apple pie day, etc. so if you are not in to being very social, stay away because you will not fit in (this can also be a pro if you are a social person).

None, there company model is terrific. This is probably the absolute perfect company if not that it is too small for me and I decided not to work in the insurance industry...not my cup of tea.

Review

Former Employee - Regional Risk Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Regional Risk Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Federated Insurance

Pros

opportunity for growth, good training program, company car, good benefits with funded penson. Lots of field support when needed. annual reviews.

Cons

New management is hard to work with. mean to new employees and tough standards to follow for some. I wouldnt recomment this comany anymore

Need to lay off new employees to the field a bit and provide more feedback that is positive. More field rides.

There are newer employer reviews for Federated Insurance.

Worked for Federated Insurance? Contribute to the Community!