Federated Insurance

Review

Former Employee - Regional Risk Manager in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Regional Risk Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Federated Insurance

Pros

opportunity for growth, good training program, company car, good benefits with funded penson. Lots of field support when needed. annual reviews.

Cons

New management is hard to work with. mean to new employees and tough standards to follow for some. I wouldnt recomment this comany anymore

Need to lay off new employees to the field a bit and provide more feedback that is positive. More field rides.

43 Other Employee Reviews for Federated Insurance (View Most Recent)

VERY conservative culture where everyone moves at the same pace

Current Employee - Programmer in Owatonna, MN
    Current Employee - Programmer in Owatonna, MN

I have been working at Federated Insurance

Pros

Co-workers are great to work with for the most part. I have made many friends at Federated. Also, their benefits package is very good.

Cons

The conservative culture is terrible. Business casual dress I can deal with but I feel like it is "big brother" out there. I've never missed a deadline and yet I leave 5 minutes early for break and get asked about it. Oh, did I mention I also put in overtime to make sure the job gets done when they need to? Yea, that they are ok with but not when you take an extra 5 minutes to get your head on straight. Also, everyone moves at the same pace when it comes to promotions and advancement. The opportunity to really move upward doesn't exist whether you are 10 times better or 10 times worse than the person sitting next to you.

Don't look so much at the number of hours someone works but look at the work the person is completing. I may only work an average of 41-42 hours a week but at least all my work is getting done. Also, re-work your advancement opportunities so that you can give the really good workers at your company something to shoot for.

If you like claims, great company to work for.

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Federated Insurance

Pros

Good management and promotions. Excellent pay and benefits. If you can stand being a claims adjuster, this is the company to work for. The company really does care for it's employees by offering excellent health care, competitive salaries, and good management. They also are very good about letting you take time off when needed. Federated Insurance is good about starting people in a training class where they teach you everything you need to know bout your chosen field. They really prepare you for working in the field offices and provide you continue support even when you are done with the class.

Cons

Working in insurance is tough. Everyone hates you and you have to deal with alot of conflict. The company is great but being a claims adjuster at any company is tough. Being a claims adjuster is very difficult because no one is ever happy and everyone hates you. This is the sole reason why I am going to change careers, it has nothing to do with the company. The biggest mistake Federated makes, is they only promote marketers to senior management. Which means the senior management of claims has no idea what it means to be a claims adjuster, so they can come up with some weird policies.

Need to promote claims people to upper management.

There are newer employer reviews for Federated Insurance