Fedex Express

FedEx Rocks

Current Employee - Business Systems Advisor in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Business Systems Advisor in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Fedex Express

Pros

Stability, strong company, decent compensation

Cons

Diversity is a little overwhelming sometimes.

Customer service used to be our strongpoint, get back to basics and ditch the numbers game. Intl is where it's at, keep going after those segments.

639 Other Employee Reviews for Fedex Express (View Most Recent)

Definately not worth the BS!!!

Current Employee - Handler in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Handler in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Fedex Express

Pros

The starting pay beats just about any part time job and you don't need to have any experience. You will get your insurance after just 90 days and the rates are very reasonable. They also have tuition reimbursement for students. I have worked for UPS before and I can honestly say that the work is not as physically demanding. The opportunities for advancement are there if you are willing to put in the time and extra effort and if you have a good relationship with with your manager.

Cons

$13/hr plus benefits for a part time job with no skills or experience required!! You know when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is, This is definately the case here! I took this job because it was convenient M-F and would not interfere with my life and full time job. After 3 months, we had a meeting and we were all told that we would have to start working weekends, not only that, but the shift was going to be different than the other shifts that we were working during the week, if you did'nt want to work the shift, they told us we could fill out a form and try to bid out of it. it took me 3 weeks for me to even obtain the form and when I filled it out no one wanted to take it from me! They put me on Sunday nights until midnight, when I have to be at my other job at 5a.m on Monday morning. When I tried to talk to mgmt. about it, I got one song and dance after another and I was'nt the only one. Since the job is at EWR(Newark Airport), we there are even more stupid rules in addition to the nonsense fedex already makes you put up with, for example, earplugs are required at all times inside the hub, backbelts must be worn, IDs must be properly displayed, uniforms must be worn at all times. Now, I understand that these are simple things, however if you forget to do one of these, they will harass you, openly threaten your job and act as if you intentionally did not follow the rule just to be disrespectful. Did I mention you can't be even 1 minute late! You have to walk about 1 mile from the parking lot, in the freezing cold if it is winter and then strip off every layer of clothing including shoes when you get to security, then get dressed again to go to the sort, and no cell phones allowed. If you are a working adult, I doubt you would enjoy taking crap from a 20 year old kid who thinks that they are gods gift because they have a shirt that says Team Leader. In closing this is an o.k job for a young college kid who has time to devote to it, however it is a lot of B.S to put up with as a second job working 16 to 20 hours a week. This is my Express Experience, for others it may be different. I put in my 2 weeks notice yesterday and I can't wait until this nightmare is over.

This is a PART TIME JOB, you need to respect that your employees have lives outside of here. If you want people to devote more their time and their lives to fedex express, then you need to provide employment that pays enough to where people won't have to work 2 jobs, until then good luck improving on that 47% retention rate on the ECO sort at EWR!

As of this snapshot in time Best place to be a pilot---with the exception of Southwest Airlines and possibly UPS

Current Employee - MD-11 First Officer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - MD-11 First Officer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Fedex Express

Pros

Currently the highest pay in my career field

Cons

Few basing choices......Lack of Communication...... No contact with workers by senior leadership

Be more personal