Fedex Express
www.fedex.com Memphis, TN 5000+ Employees

Was great for awhile, broke my heart to leave

Courier (Former Employee)
Buffalo, NY

ProsGood pay and benefits for work it is, non union was a plus but now can totally see how they start. Was always challenging not a boring job. People were friendly.

ConsMicro-management has gotten out of control, even when you go above and beyond expect to get written up for it instead. No recognition for a good job and years of service. Easy to be just a number. Too much of a system for its own good, lack of communication network wide. You have to murder someone for a day off, days off that you do get you better have you're whole life planned out a year in advance. Would rather pay for tons of turnaround then keep its valuable help around long term.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore for upper management then local management that have their hands tied. Stop looking at projections and numbers and start listening to your employees. Those numbers will just go downhill if you don't. Don't forget the courier your workhorse, the end of sale, the life blood of the company. Stop spending a dollar to save a nickel!!!!!!

Courier Full Time

FT Courier (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

I worked at Fedex Express full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: not stuck in an office Cons: micromanaged to death. setting people goals too high and then coming… Advice to Senior Management: actually reward employees for doing a good job. Not just… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Old software -ugh!

Dispatcher (Former Employee)
    Irving, TX

I worked at Fedex Express full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good manager, she cares about her employees Cons: Poor old software- 40 years old which does not correct human… Advice to Senior Management: Correct the software, improve promotions possibilities. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Fedex Express.

Worked for Fedex Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fedex Express reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fedex Express CEO David J. Bronczek. All reviews posted anonymously by Fedex Express employees.