Femme de carrière

www.femmedecarriere.com
  www.femmedecarriere.com
There are newer employer reviews for Femme de carrière

Poor store management, paying not equal to the amount of work you are doing

Former Employee - Key Holder in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Key Holder in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Femme de carrière

Pros

- they have 50% employee discounts
- nice people as co workers
- you have chance to talk with regional manager, if you are not happy about your manager

Cons

- You have to wear Femme clothes, basically a suit, look very professional but getting low pay
- I was paying as sales associate but doing key holder's job for 3 month before I get the position.
- Then working another 4 months as assistant manager but paying as key holder, and didn't get a raise
- poor pay, heavy workload.
- not fair on promoting.
- Store managers are not experienced enough, poor management system
- they hire lots of new immigrants.. some of them don't even understand English properly

9 Other Employee Reviews for Femme de carrière (View Most Recent)

Take the job offer only if you aren't planning to stay long

Former Employee - Full Time Sales Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Full Time Sales Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Femme de carrière

Pros

- Lovely coworkers
    - Relatively better-mannered customers
    - Not a very busy store in general (though it did get EXTREMELY BORING a lot of the time)

Cons

-Verbally abusive upper management (the regional manager once yelled at one of my ex-managers at the store entrance)
    -Living in constant fear of surprise visits/inspections by upper management
    -Extremely stressful sales goals (it isn't commission work but the way everyone chases down customers, it seems like it -- could get very tense and competitive sometimes)
    -Dress code (a full business suit or an item of clothing from Femme, usually a top -- this store is EXPENSIVE, even with the employee discount (40%))
    -Having to push customers to buy and basically flatter them to death to meet sales goals while obfuscating the cheap quality of the clothes
    -Extremely long hours (up to 9 hours) with only a 30min break
    -Paltry pay for a LOT of work (I had to clean and size the entire store every opening and/or closing shift by myself while the senior associate opened/closed the tills and did the paperwork all while minding customers. I did the stock as well as there is technically no stock room, ergo no stock associate.)
    -No benefits, not even for the managers and long-time employees
    -Only 2 weeks' vacation maximum (and I think you can only do 4 weeks' max for a year) and it has to be approved 3 months beforehand

Treat your employees better and stop penny-pinching on the quality of your product. You can't expect people to keep on buying polyester, made in China tops for a $100 and you can't expect your sales associates to meet their goals when the suits are made of a polyester/rayon blend yet still priced at $500.

Extremely High Turnover

Former Employee - Store Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Femme de carrière

Pros

Good Clothing Discount
    Regular Clientelle, nice customers
    Staff can be fun

Cons

No Benefits
    No Commission
    Low Salary and base pay
    No Formal Training

Senior Management should not micro manage all details. Each store manager needs to be given the freedom to sometimes make customized decisions. Little encouragement and no respect shown from Regional Management towards Store Management, creates a very negative environment where there is an extremely high turnover.

There are newer employer reviews for Femme de carrière