Fentress Architects

www.fentressarchitects.com

The good and the bad.

Interior Designer (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsSome members of management are very considerate and respectful. Their compensation package is pretty typical--health insurance, 401k, 2 weeks vacation. Many of the people were some of the nicest I've worked with in the business and I have remained friends with more people from this company than anywhere else.

ConsThere's a lot of the 'old-school' architecture mentality here--that the only way to run the business is to pull all-nighters and work all weekend, and that men are inherently more qualified than women for any job, that architects are inherently superior human beings and omnipotent.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in some fresh blood at the senior level. Especially people who have worked at other firms that have a reputation for treating their employees well. And get some women in management too--in the studio, not in finance or HR or business development.

A Talented Team

I have been working at Fentress Architects

Pros: I am proud of the Fentress design philosophy, which honors… Cons: Don't work at Fentress if you don't like change, because… Advice to Senior Management: Take more time to recognize the efforts of everyone, not just… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A Company Without A Conscience

I have been working at Fentress Architects

Pros: Fentress offers an opportunity for interns to learn what it is like to work on… Cons: Employees are expected to work very long hours. Performance reviews are not helpful. The corporate culture is secretive… Advice to Senior Management: Start treating your employees as though you trust and value them. Respect their… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Fentress Architects.

Worked for Fentress Architects? Contribute to the Community!