There are newer employer reviews for Fenwick & West

Fantastic tech-focused law firm.

Current Employee - Associate
Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Fenwick & West

Pros

The people are fantastic. Everyone is kind and friendly, and even the most important partners take an interest in the associates. We also have really great tech clients and we are involved in some of the largest deals in the silicon valley.

Cons

Like every big law firm, the hours are very long, and you are "on-call" all the time. Since we are on number of clients/deals at any particular time, there is a lot of juggling involved.

reviews filtered by
  1. Cutting edge work, often very busy, but great environment.

I have been working at Fenwick & West

Pros

Interesting and unobjectionable clients.
    Creativity and client service are valued over sheer quantity of hours worked.
    Employer's attention to professional development, diversity, and need for life outside of work.

Cons

Like any firm this size, there are occasionally very busy periods that demand a lot of accommodation from employees' families.

2. Great law firm to be a part of!!

Former Employee - Office Services Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Office Services Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fenwick & West

Pros

The environment was busy but not stressed. As with any position, you were always encouraged to be more productive without loosing accuracy. At the same time, you were given help to improve and it was just 'expected' of you to improve output from a previous review. Management was also aware that in some instances, production simple peeked.

Cons

As with any law firm, due dates and time could change at the drop of the hat. Work schedules would need to change in those instances and you may need to work late or come in early.

Continue to actually listen to staff and offer cross training within departments. Possibly encourage more transitions to other departments.

There are newer employer reviews for Fenwick & West