Fenwick & West

www.fenwick.com

Fenwick ROCKS!

Chief Professional Development Officer (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsFenwick rocks. It's a fun, supportive, caring place. Regardless of your position, you are valued as a mamber of the team. Upper management values diversity, and people are allowed and encouraged to be themselves. People at this law firm don't take themselves too seriously. I've been at other law firms where partners slammed doors and swore at the staff. Here, that doesn't happen. The Chairman won't allow it. We also don't have a million policies and rules for everything. People are expected to do their best, and they are trusted and given the latitude to make decisions and take risks. There is a lot of reward for doing so. We celebrate our successes every year at what we call State of the Firm. It's two hours of skits and performances and it features a wide range of people in the firm, from all our offices (San Francisco, Boise, Seattle and Mountain View). It's a highlight of the year. I've been here 11 years and I can't imagine going anywhere else. The firm recently won the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Workplace Flexibility, and we always win the Best Places to Work Award. No one here is ever surprised.

ConsSometimes the onsite gym is crowded. And sometimes there isn't enough food at the Friday "Beer's Here" happy hours. Seriously, sometimes there is a lot of pressure. Working in a busy law firm, for clients who have very high expectations, can take its toll. But the people I work with are supportive and understanding, and we care about one another. We pitch in and help one another. When someone is having a hard time there are a dozen people who jump in to help him/her. There is some anxiety right now because of the economy, and many companies are having layoffs, but I think that's everywhere, not just at Fenwick.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing to build the firm and keep it strong. Continue to communicate with employees throughout the firm so we can all work toward achieving Fenwick's strategic goals.

Fenwick & West once a great firm

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Fenwick & West

Pros: The firm was a very good place to work. Things have changed and not for… Cons: The management is blind to what some employees do. Many employees are hard workers and not "in your face" social… Advice to Senior Management: Senior Management should really stand back and take a good look at the managers they have in place and realize that some of them are… More

Okay.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fenwick & West

Pros: Good compensation and decent benefits. Cons: Bill, bill, bill. All the time. More
There are newer reviews on Fenwick & West.

Worked for Fenwick & West? Contribute to the Community!